Greetings from Texas

Texasladybird

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi all, I am a new tortoise parent. My name is Meagan and I am a pro dog trainer in Texas. I am married and have two other fur kids (dogs) I love animals, and the outdoors. I adopted a red foot tortoise female who is around 5 or 6. My tortoise is named Ladybird, I have had her about a month and am in LOVE! She is extremely sweet she will follow me around my house and has just been wonderful. She has pyramiding which really worried me when I adopted her. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. Y'alls knowledge and experience has helped me so much in this first month. Ladybird is in a closed in tortoise table that I built. When we move to our new house this fall I'm hoping to build an outdoor inclosure for her to stay in during the day. Again thank you for sharing y'alls knowledge. This is my first post on here but I read many of the threads on here just taking in all the information. Since adopting Ladybird I have got her on a good diet schedule (from redfoots.com) and have her with proper lighting and humidity in addition to regular soakings so I'm confident her pyramiding will improve.

1432440156707.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Jodie sounds like you're pretty well organised and you've joined a great forum because there's always something new to find out here, so welcome to you and Ladybird.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Jodie sounds like you're pretty well organised and you've joined a great forum because there's always something new to find out here, so welcome to you and Ladybird.
Sorry Meagan don't know why I called you Jodie - even without my specs the names don't look anything alike! Must have just seen last member to post before me,

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Hello and welcome to the forum :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club