Greetings from South Korea

ISU

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
Hello guys, i joined this forum a few days ago

I'm from South Korea, and have a baby leopard tortoise

I brought her( just my hoping) 2 weews ago, and I took her to hospital, and she was infected by parasites( Her feces's color was white )

So I gave her some prescribed medicine every day.

Now, she eats a lot, and doesn't have bad smell from feces

wish i get useful informations here

Thank u guys for reading!

20200228_091954.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, you will find this site is full of up to date information. Ask any questions you have.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi from Jamaica in the Caribbean Sea! Welcome. You have a beautiful little tortoise!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Sa Ga

MN
Welcome, from a South Korean adopted to MN! (And a tortie called Russian, but evidently comes from the middle east?)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello guys, i joined this forum a few days ago

I'm from South Korea, and have a baby leopard tortoise

I brought her( just my hoping) 2 weews ago, and I took her to hospital, and she was infected by parasites( Her feces's color was white )

So I gave her some prescribed medicine every day.

Now, she eats a lot, and doesn't have bad smell from feces

wish i get useful informations here

Thank u guys for reading!

Hello and welcome. The white stuff is not feces. It is urates. I mention this because it is an indicator that things are too dry and you need to soak longer and more often. The parasites would be a separate and unrelated issue.

Here are some helpful threads:

ISU

South Korea
Hello and welcome. The white stuff is not feces. It is urates. I mention this because it is an indicator that things are too dry and you need to soak longer and more often. The parasites would be a separate and unrelated issue.

Here are some helpful threads:

Hello Tom. First of all, thank you very much for your kind reply. I raised the hermann tort for about a year, so I know what the urate is. I wrpte it's white but in fact, it is close to yellow. But I'm still a beginner and your answer really helps. I will read the article that you wrote for me to stay with the tort for a long time.

Attachments

• 20200222_092138.jpg
    20200222_092138.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Tom. First of all, thank you very much for your kind reply. I raised the hermann tort for about a year, so I know what the urate is. I wrpte it's white but in fact, it is close to yellow. But I'm still a beginner and your answer really helps. I will read the article that you wrote for me to stay with the tort for a long time.
Urates can be yellow, greenish, brownish, redish, pink, gray, etc... Many factors can influence the color.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Urates can be yellow, greenish, brownish, redish, pink, gray, etc... Many factors can influence the color.
Wow! I guess the herp vets know what each color may mean, and how to go from that indication. I would think that pink or reddish would mean bleeding?