Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonka-Tamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello, my name is Trenton and this little guy (or gal :p) is Tonka

I am 17, and have loved turtles and tortoises my whole life. I've got loads of books and have read just about everything the internet can provide. I finally bought Tonka today (after saving up for a couple of weeks) and have been captivated all day. A relative of mine once had a sulcata, and ever since I wanted a tortoise for my own, so now I've got a big enough power trip to last me all year.

Along with Tonka, I have a German Shepherd named Grizzly, and a Chow mix, Rex but rest assured that they will be fenced in while Tonka is closely guarded outside.

I live on the edge of some pretty gorgeous woods that lead to the river. Aside from being beautiful-loads of snapping and painted turtles call my backyard home. Every summer my backyard is ravaged by snapping turtles who crawl up from the swamps to lay eggs.
Testimony
More Testimony
Further Testimony
Final Testimony

Needless to say, I am an amatuer photographer in the best sense of the word. Which is great since I'm surrounded by such great wildlife.

Aside from turtles, theatre and musicals are pretty much my niche, I have some pretty odd quirks that I'll go into detail on my profile since I've gone on too long here!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Still chuckling to myself. I was looking thru your pictures and was expecting the last one to be another snapper...lol...was not the case. :D
Was just thinking it was neat that you see the snappers nesting. I see plenty out and about, but have yet to see one nesting.

Sweet dogs and looks like a tortoise with attitude and charm. Congrats on your newest family member and so very glad your joining us!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Trenton

Congrats on your new little one, you have a nice animals family :D. You are pretty lucky to have all those turtles in your backyard :D (nice pics by the way)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Trenton,
Welcome to the forum. :D Excellent pictures :D

Danny

Granolagal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Welcome!!
Congratulations on Tonka!
Wonderful pics, keep them coming...love yer pups :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Trenton. I'm always amazed at the knowledge people have about computers. It took me several weeks and lots of encouragement from other forum members to figure out how to PhotoBucket my pictures on here in my emails, and you've fixed it so your photos show up with just a click on a blue word!! Loved the pictures!

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new little one! Great pics!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Trenton. Great pics love the dogs and your new shelled baby looks great love his/her attitude in the pic.

Tonka-Tamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
emysemys said:
Welcome to the forum, Trenton. I'm always amazed at the knowledge people have about computers. It took me several weeks and lots of encouragement from other forum members to figure out how to PhotoBucket my pictures on here in my emails, and you've fixed it so your photos show up with just a click on a blue word!! Loved the pictures!

Yvonne

lol, I learned how to a long time ago on another forum, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.