Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Huh... That is really cool! A bit pricey but really cool!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Central WI
For those of us that live in the Northern states.....those sites are perfect for us.
Having food delivered that I dont have to go "shop" around for , that is clean and a nice variety is well worth the $$. It saves me time.
For someone with one tort it's perfect because it's hard to have variety without mayjor waste.
In the Southern states where you have the ablity to grow your own I can see it being expensive.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
http://www.reptigreens.com/ is the website...without the "L"
like i said on the other thread, they are 100% organic and locally grown (for southern Californians) and the lady who represented them was especially nice

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
josh said:
http://www.reptigreens.com/ is the website...without the "L"
like i said on the other thread, they are 100% organic and locally grown (for southern Californians) and the lady who represented them was especially nice

Thanks for the spell check sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain,:rolleyes: or maybe its the other way around, anyway thanks Josh for the correction

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am checking into sulcatas and live in the north. Approx. how much of this would one eat daily. I saw that these grasses you buy on line are sold in 1# and less. Just researching. Thanks

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
jlyoncc1 said:
I am checking into sulcatas and live in the north. Approx. how much of this would one eat daily. I saw that these grasses you buy on line are sold in 1# and less. Just researching. Thanks

That would depend on the size of the Sulcata. :)

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
I find them sites rather boring and strange.

I believe sulcatas, hermanns, leopards, russians and similar tortoises should have a natural diet. And not greens.

THis is a grass, weed and flower diet only.

So you would go out and buy things or pick things from the wild.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
The salad mixes from those companies DO CONTAIN grasses, weeds and flowers. The premium salad mix from reptigreens.com contains no less than 4 wild weeds, 4 grasses and 4 flowers which are alll organic and chemical free. I picked up 1lb of it to try yesterday at the NARBC show in Chicago from them. I am quite impressed with the mix. Some of us live in the quite fridgid northern United States and will not be able to pick anything through the several feet of snow we receive in the wintertime. I will be growing as much as I can to supplement but these salad mixes from these two companies will have to make up the majority of my torts diet for the winter.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
But of course Tracy!

www.reptigreens.com Premium Salad Mix

1/2lb piled on a paper plate
4bef1fc1.jpg

3372a440.jpg

1fb1afe9.jpg

45330068.jpg

ee3779e3.jpg

I must also say, she showed me how they are packed and shipped and I am much more impressed by her packing then the packing method at www.reptileeats.com. She uses NASA developed materials which are inflatable and reusable.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
I'm am such a vissual person lol...It helps to actually see the food...It looks Great!!!! I was afraid you had already fed it to your torts. :p
I'm going to go check them out now....Thanks for the link and pic :cool:

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I am very visual as well, so it was really nice for me to get to see them first hand at the show. She does custom orders I believe as well, and you can set it up on monthly billing and delivery for weekly, biweekly and monthly. Im going to see about tweaking the mix a bit.

reptileeats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Alabama
Not trying to bump the competition but there seems to be a lot of lettuce in that picture. In fact I see mostly lettuce & a small piece of either cilantro or parsley. Looks like a few pieces of spinach as well. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.