Green poop?? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurajm91

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!
Help needed!
I am a new tortoise owner and I have had Tiny Tim for about 2 weeks now and love having him (at least I hope it's a him).
The diet he was on in the shop was green veg etc, and the other day I ran out of veg for him due to a leg injury i have just picked up and couldn't leave the house, so fed him the tortoise pellets, for 2 days (he has never been on these before) and I have just noticed that His poo was a brown colour at first (when on veg) and only today when he was taking a soak in the bath he pooed and it was a dark green colour, it wasn't completely solid, just a tiny bit runny.

Is this normal?
Am I doing something wrong?
Could it be Due to diet change?
Is a vet visit in order?

I'm very worried, all help and advise would be much appreciated!
Thanks guys :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I would suspect it the change of diet. Just to be sure, keep an eye on it. Of course, you just may have a colorful tortoise. :D Adding a little humor, to help you to relax a bit. At this point, there is nothing to worry about in my opinion.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
just watch out for the pink, orange and polka dot poo..... ewwww ;)

change in diet intake will likely cause change in that diets exit :D

If all else is good, then I would not be tooooooo concerned, but IMO, I would as soon as possible get him back on the food items you want him eating and that are better for him in the long run :D

laurajm91

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, I've got him back on greens and his poop is brown again. Panic over! I can relax now. Thanks again.

Watermelon

5 Year Member
I've seen some greenish poops from my two as well, nothing to worry about x

Status
Not open for further replies.