greek tortoise eggs..need some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos132

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ok, my aunt's greek tortoise just laid eggs, but did it on the grass and didn't bury them! what is the best way to incubate them? i adviced her to put them in a pot with soil and cover them with some soil. she will be keeping it outdoors. with the warm temperatures here in greece i don't think a incubator will be necessary. i know the right temperature is about 30 C . But should she place the pot under sunlight or in a shady location? i mean at noon during the summer the temperatures can reach about 38 C around here. any advice and tips are welcomed! thanx in advance

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
A pot is fine to incubate the eggs but you should only place the eggs halfway in the dirt to prevent them from rolling. Don't cover them with soil. You need to keep them between 28 and 32C, so no putting them in the sun as they will get much to hot. If you've got a warm room inside the house that would be perfect.

Danny

nikos132

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Hi,
A pot is fine to incubate the eggs but you should only place the eggs halfway in the dirt to prevent them from rolling. Don't cover them with soil. You need to keep them between 28 and 32C, so no putting them in the sun as they will get much to hot. If you've got a warm room inside the house that would be perfect.

Danny

thanks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Oh almost forgot :p You need to have a small container full of water in with the eggs. This will give them the air humidity they need. :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.