1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Greek tortoise diarrhea for weeks

Discussion in 'Tortoise Diet and Food' started by Milaine, Jan 22, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Milaine

Milaine New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    tallinn
    I have had a young greek tortoise for about three weeks and all of that time he is having diarrhea. No matter what I feed him it just wont go away. Most of the days I am feeding him rocket, lamb's lettuce, salad mix, sunflower shoots.
    I have also tried cat grass but he seems not to like it. I just have no idea what to do and need help. I have UVB 10.0 for him and the heating lamp is on about 30 degrees Celsius. I also give him 15 min long baths every other or every two days since he is about 8 months old.
  2. daniellenc

daniellenc Well-Known Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Maryland
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    You need to take a fecal in my guess is parasitic overload which often occurs in a seemingly healthy tort after the stress of a new home.