GREAT SHOPPING DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
So i went to the grocery store today to get Rocky more food, and have been looking into getting cactus pads for him online. Glad i didn't! At the store i happened to see them and they had gotten a new shipment. And the low price was 5 pounds for 99 cents!! SO glad i didn't order online and waited :) But i will have to take out the little pokers myself, but its not a big deal, most have already been taken out already so there are only a few left to remove :D

Also picked up some new food items he hasn't tried yet :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Not sure if RF eat cactus but I tried and mine turned it away.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Momof4 said:
Not sure if RF eat cactus but I tried and mine turned it away.

I haven't tried yet, but if he doesn't i'll probably give it away to some fiends who have torts or make something to eat with it! Lol

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
hey..it's good when you get them online because you can replant them and grow your own! IDK if the ones at the store are cactus pear (opuntia) becauseI bought some cactus at themexican grocer here and it said cactus nopales and it taste like vitamin C and I never tasted cactus before but I'm waiting for my shipment of opuntia and then I will taste the difference and see if it is cactus pear or not.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
MORTYtheTORTY said:
hey..it's good when you get them online because you can replant them and grow your own! IDK if the ones at the store are cactus pear (opuntia) becauseI bought some cactus at themexican grocer here and it said cactus nopales and it taste like vitamin C and I never tasted cactus before but I'm waiting for my shipment of opuntia and then I will taste the difference and see if it is cactus pear or not.

You can replant these too :D
thats why i got so many (I'm not a great gardener...)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like shopping best, when somebody else is paying for it. :cool: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.