Grass from feed store ?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Anyone feed their tortoise grass from a feed store? I tried hay before but Yoshi won’t eat it. Not even if wet it and cut it up. He doesn’t like orchard grass also.
I’m not certain what sort of grass they carry but it’s in a bale.

Action

Location (City and/or State)
Valley Springs, Ca.
I'm trying to feed lawn clippings. My little 1 doesn't really like them but loves cactus. so I kind of wet the cactus pad add lawn clippings add a touch more water to help lawn stick to cactus. So now when he eats cactus he also eats lawn.
Jack

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Anyone feed their tortoise grass from a feed store? I tried hay before but Yoshi won’t eat it. Not even if wet it and cut it up. He doesn’t like orchard grass also.
I’m not certain what sort of grass they carry but it’s in a bale.
What species? Leopard? Many regular leopards aren't that in to grass or grass hay. Its not that big a part of their diet in the wild. More leaves, weeds, flowers, and lots of succulents. In the wild they also eat a lot of mammal feces. Presumably this would be mostly from ungulates, but possibly others too. I think this is why they are so drawn to Mazuri.

It usually takes a while to introduce them to any new food. Grass or grass hay, can sometimes take the longest. Try cutting up and soaking tiny amounts of the new food and mixing it in with the old food. It might take a couple of months.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Yes, leopard. 6 yrs old now. He eats a lot of grass but I was thinking if I could get some from a feed store it would be more convenient as I haven’t grown any grass in my yard since we moved to a new location.