Got a pair ?

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Any dog owners out there own a pair of these? If so, do you like them? Are they sharp?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-161939_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-161939_Chrome.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 12

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I've got several sets of dog nail clippers. But none like that
Me too. I wanted to try this because it has a light to see the quick. I don't cut their nails often because they walk everyday on concrete, but my German sheperds nails dull them out because they're so tuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, I have to use hoof trimmers for my Misty Girl. Her nails are SO tough dog clippers can't do the job.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Actually, I have to use hoof trimmers for my Misty Girl. Her nails are SO tough dog clippers can't do the job.
Sheesh. I used to get my German shepherds clipped at the vet, but he's aggressive and they "have to sedate him" instead of me holding him and it gets pricey.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And the grinders/Dremel tools take time to complete, making the job so much harder.
With the clippers, it's BAM! and done.... just gotta watch out for the quick. . .
I've maintained about 30 dog's nails for the last 25 years. I'm much faster and do a much better job with a dremmel. The dremmel leaves nice smooth edges and its tough to go too far. I've never hit the quick with a dremmel.
I can use clippers too, but they leave jagged edges and there is a risk of cracking/smashing the nail. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. The dremmel allows me to clean up cracks and problem areas.

The sound would freak mine out?
I don't know if you are kidding, but they all get used to the sound, and that's an easy thing to train. Its really not a good idea to let the dog make those decisions.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I've maintained about 30 dog's nails for the last 25 years. I'm much faster and do a much better job with a dremmel. The dremmel leaves nice smooth edges and its tough to go too far. I've never hit the quick with a dremmel.
I can use clippers too, but they leave jagged edges and there is a risk of cracking/smashing the nail. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. The dremmel allows me to clean up cracks and problem areas.

I don't know if you are kidding, but they all get used to the sound, and that's an easy thing to train. Its really not a good idea to let the dog make those decisions.
I don't mind. I prefer the nail clippers