got a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
okay with the set-up in the first important thread...i like the idea and want to try it but where it doesnt have a lid im afraid my cat will try to eat my baby sulcata. do cats do that??? should i stick with my tank and lid??? and with the substrate as soil and the mulch, how often should i change it after he does his business??? once a week or more???

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
If you are bathing daily, hopefully he'll use his bath as a toilet. It's much easier to clean! in the table you should only need to spot clean most of the time.

Cats get curious with torts and many seem a bit afraid, but yours is very little and might be regarded as a cat toy.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Yes a cat would do that. Even a well trained cat just like a dog should not be left with access to turtles that are small enough for them to play with and paw around, pick up with their mouth and drop it on the floor or anything like that. Also maybe the cat will think you built it a really great litter box :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You should have some type of covering. The cat will very likely get in there and think it's a good idea to play with your tortoise. Unless you can get it high somewhere where the cat can't reach it. An option is plexi glass. If you can get handy with a piece of plexiglass, you could cut holes out for the light fixtures and make sure it's secure on the top and can't be bumped open so the cat could fit through.

Status
Not open for further replies.