Goodday from Canada, Ontario

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
Hello Everybody,
while i am not completely new to the hobby (got my Russian Tortoise eight years ago) I have never been active on a tortoise forum and thought it was about time I started so I could get to meet some people who have the same hobby as me.
A little bit about myself, I'm an 18 year old University student in Ottawa, Canada. I got my first tortoise at age 10 (good thing Russians are hardy, I made many mistakes when I was younger). I recently also aquired a 4 year old eastern box turtle, and also own a ball python. I read that you guys like pictures so I will try to attach some to this post, hope it works.
Future plans include building my Russian tortoise a proper tortoise table, and then maybe an upgrade for the box turtle as well
Here's a picture of my Russian tortoise. Her name is Potilla and she is probably around 20 years old (not quite sure, we found her outside but it is my best guess).
full

taza

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Hi and welcome fellow canadian. I just moved from Ottawa to Cambridge, I do miss it there. Potilla is a real cutie pie.
Sandy

RichardB

Hello and welcome fellow Canuk!
I have an unused T-table that my Hermann's came in. Its about 2x3 or 4 feet made from Pine. It's yours if you want it.

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
Hello all of you guys, thank you for the very warm welcome. Richard, thank you for the offer but the aquarium she is in currently is actually already a bit larger than what you have offered me (about 2x4.5 feet). Here are some pictures of Noel (the eastern box turtle).
full

Here is what her set up sort of looks like (I changed it around a bit but don'thave a current picture
full

And this is just my absolute favourite picture I ever took of her
full

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russians and box turtles are great choices I have both
Evan thought they are different . But have a great tort day !