Good online source for Orchid Bark substrate

niraj

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
Can anybody share link of an online store (preferrably Amazon) from where good quality Orchid Bark can be ordered for making substrate for Aldabra? Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you order from chewy.com? They sell an 8quart bag of Reptibark for around $10 US. To buy anything larger than that you'd pay an awful lot for shipping. I occasionally buy that because if you spend more than $49 shipping is free.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Can you order from chewy.com? They sell an 8quart bag of Reptibark for around $10 US. To buy anything larger than that you'd pay an awful lot for shipping. I occasionally buy that because if you spend more than $49 shipping is free.
You can get Petco to match Chewy prices too. Just show them the Chewy ad when you get to the register.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bear in mind the OP is in India.

Thanks for that link, Mark. I'm going to take a look at it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nutz. They don't accept credit cards. I was trying to find out the shipping cost for the 2 cu.ft. bag, but you have to go all the way through to paying for it before they calculate shipping.

niraj

5 Year Member
India
Thank you all for your kind responses. Just to clarify that I am requesting a link from US site only (not India) Which of the two links is better - Reptibark or Tropical plants (not considering price) ? When I search for Fir Bark on Google , there are lot of sites offering it but i dont know which one is of the best quality.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you all for your kind responses. Just to clarify that I am requesting a link from US site only (not India) Which of the two links is better - Reptibark or Tropical plants (not considering price) ? When I search for Fir Bark on Google , there are lot of sites offering it but i dont know which one is of the best quality.
I would go with the link provided by markw84.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
WOW! The bags themselves are only $21 each, but the shipping is another thing. The USPS wanted $92 to ship and UPS offered to do for $62. That is from Florida to Virginia for 2- 2 cubic foot bags. Ouch. Seem like awesome people and I will have to see if they have anything else!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
WOW! The bags themselves are only $21 each, but the shipping is another thing. The USPS wanted $92 to ship and UPS offered to do for $62. That is from Florida to Virginia for 2- 2 cubic foot bags. Ouch. Seem like awesome people and I will have to see if they have anything else!
Thankfully all my tortoises live outside and I only have two Vision cages and a Christmas Tree Storage Bin indoors. So I get by with the Zoo Med stuff from Chewy.com. I always spend more than $49, so my shipping is always free.

Jennijoi

Houston, TX
Can anybody share link of an online store (preferrably Amazon) from where good quality Orchid Bark can be ordered for making substrate for Aldabra? Thank you.

I recently purchased from Amazon. I’m not familiar with other brands or different substrates b/c I’m new at this. But this stuff expanded like crazy & has worked well for my Sully.
4.6 out of 5 stars 182
Green Texan Organic Farms Compressed Coconut Coir Brick, 11 Pound (lb) (11 Pound)Green Texan Organic Farms Compressed Coconut Coir Brick, 11 Pound (lb) (11 Pound)
51nHPdGAT0L._AC_UL200_SR200,151_.jpg

$17.99
Sold by Green Texan Organic Farms and ships from Amazon