Good and bad news..(cats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Our cat simba died :( He was having trouble peeing but he's a very quiet cat so we didn't realize it early on until he peed all over my bed and there's blood :( It was sunday and there was no vet to see him. The vet suggested We give him coconut juice, the first aid we usually use for kidney or urine problems (even for people). He was actually fine that afternoon. The next day We were waiting for the vet to arrive to her clinic but before we could leave the house he passed away :(

IMG_1988 by chinadoll, on Flickr
this is him :( we miss him terribly.

The one that took it harder was our other cat selena. We didn't think she would mind. I never knew cats have that connection with each other. Selena has a sound she makes when she's looking for Simba and he would always come to her. When he passed away, Selena would spend a few hours sitting by the stairs making the sound calling Simba. She did this everyday. And it made us sad. So We decided to get another cat. We were reluctant to introduce a new cat but luckily they got along after 3 days.

IMG_0602 by chinadoll, on Flickr
selena

And this is the new cat Penelope "penny" for short

260027_218969961476569_100000907014730_616490_2001707_n by chinadoll, on Flickr

261670_219966254710273_100000907014730_621850_6111430_n by chinadoll, on Flickr

We had a deal with the previous owner of penny, we'd try for a week and give her back if they didn't get along. Luckily they did! And Selena seems fine now, she would still make the sound but this time penny will come running and they groom each other.

And that's my good and bad news...

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Arizona
So sad and happy at the same time :( Our male cat died from a kidney stone last year, he was only a year old and we had his littermate as well. Molly his littermate was looking for him a lot and we also got a new kitty, they got along the first day. Molly being only 1 and the new kitty was 4months so I think the fact that they were so young helped a lot! I will post pics in a minute

wrmitchell22 said:
So sad and happy at the same time :( Our male cat died from a kidney stone last year, he was only a year old and we had his littermate as well. Molly his littermate was looking for him a lot and we also got a new kitty, they got along the first day. Molly being only 1 and the new kitty was 4months so I think the fact that they were so young helped a lot! I will post pics in a minute

The grey Tabby was our Harley. His littermate is the black cat Molly and the tortie shell is Jezzy the new baby

Attachments

• Will\'s visit 009.JPG
    Will\'s visit 009.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Will\'s visit 005.JPG
    Will\'s visit 005.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 8
  • babygirl3 002.JPG
    babygirl3 002.JPG
    497 KB · Views: 8

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aw I'm very sorry for your loss! Simba was a beautiful kitty- his eyes are so unique and gorgeous!
I'm glad Selena is comforted by the new kitty...Penny is adorable. She has a little bit of the "Puss in Boots" sad face going on in the first picture :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear I just lost my cat "little bear" So I can understand it, my deepest condolences.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( Starts out so sad, but then I loved the way it ended. Seems Penny is just what the Dr ordered. Great looking cats all three. *hugs* for your loss.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
So sorry for your lost... he had great orange eyes too. I just recently got myself two kitties.. I love them to pieces.
Cat 1.jpg
Cat 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Sorry for your loss. Even though she cannot take the place of your other cat, there is nothing like a new little face to cheer you up. When our Rat Terrier died, our little Chihuahua sat on top of the steps and didn't eat for a few days. We were worried sick for her, so we got another little Chi. and she perked up and started to eat again. It is very obvious thought that she is the boss here.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
This is sad. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. When I first moved to my current house I had two seprate nieghbors ( they moved. One is dead) that conciderd cat as disposable pets. (my words not theirs)They used them for pest control, kept them outside or in the garage and always had a litter. They expected the coyotes to get some so they always had replacements. This freaked me out. I am glad your kitty had a loving family.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have a new kitty that has been accepted into the family. It doesn't make it easier or the loss any less.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! Penny coming to us helped us a lot! She's a very happy kitty. And she's everywhere, sneaks up on you too.

We were very glad they got along, it's very hard to introduce cats. And Penny seems to be fine with my dogs too.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That sucks! Sorry to hear about your loss.

Your new cat is very nice looking though. I love the long haired cats. I used to have a long haired manx cross, I miss that cat. Too bad we have sick people in this world who take them from you when your at work. :(

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
terryo said:
It is very obvious though that she is the boss here.

You know it! Our herd of six cats run this house and the youngest, the runt--Stanley--has set himself up as alpha cat! :cool:

Sorry about your loss, but I feel you did the right thing to get a new companion for your bereaved cat...they get used to having a playmate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.