Goldie & Shelly - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

5 Year Member
2012-05-23 15.50.39.jpg2012-05-24 12.46.17.jpg2012-05-22 15.52.02.jpgHello TF Friends!

Just wanted to post an update on Goldie & Shelly's condition after their unfortunate bout of sickness. Its been 4 weeks now, off of the antibiotics. So far, we have not seen any relapse in symtoms, both are enjoying their daily lives and Goldie has taken a very keen appetite on all the hay that I put in their enclosure!

During their battle with the Reaper, I promised that I will make their lives better and provide more adequate husbandry environment for them should I be given a second chance to make it right. Well, here it is, we are currently building their outdoor pen which hopefully with natural weeds and grass to feed on and Hong Kong's bountiful sunshine, they will have a much healthier lifestyle.

It will have an outdoor pen with grass and weeds, a little walkway, which connects to their "house" where they will be sleeping at night and stay during winter. Unfortunately, as you can see from the picture, it isn't a very big area but it will probably have to do for the next couple of years.

Here are the pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Will the gravel/stones end up being buried underneath soil? Your setup is quite pretty.

Ah, I see now. That pic was pre-pour. Looks great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so happy for you, Goldie and Shelly. Relief that all is going well. Very impressed with your hard work and that you kept your word. They are two lucky, loved Aldabras :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice, Adam:

You're putting a lot of hard work into that project. I can't wait to see when you're all done and the tortoises are in there.

Badger

5 Year Member
Thanks guys (ladies)!

I cheated. The guys in the pictures are the construction crew...if I tried to do it myself, I am sure the whole thing would have collapsed before the first blade of grass was grown!

Quite excited!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Badger said:
Thanks guys (ladies)!

I cheated. The guys in the pictures are the construction crew...if I tried to do it myself, I am sure the whole thing would have collapsed before the first blade of grass was grown!

Quite excited!!

Honesty, love it:D I was not only referring to the enclosure but also you worked hard to get Goldie and Shelly heading back on track. :)

Badger

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I am so happy for you, Goldie and Shelly. Relief that all is going well. Very impressed with your hard work and that you kept your word. They are two lucky, loved Aldabras :D

Thanks for your kind words and support!

Badger

5 Year Member
Radiated said:
Are u planting grass? if so, that would be great

Yeah, it's like a raise bed. The floor is concrete and we couldn't do much about that so we have to build on top of it. I bought the tlady grass and weed mix online and once the soil arrives next week, I guess can begin planting. I hope they grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.