Going to toilet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Anyone who has seen any of my recent posts will know my Russian tortoise has stopped eating :( been trying all I can to get him, but so far all methods are failing.

Anyway if he isn't eating I'm obviously not expecting him to poop. However I am regularly soaking him in the hope to at least keep him hydrated and most times he soaks he takes a few gulps of water too. So he should be weeing, right? Because he isn't ;( which leads me to believe my worst fears.. That he has a blockage aas nothing is entering or leaving his system, what do you guys think?

Ps if you do think he sounds blocked anything I cando besides what I'm doing (regular warm soaks and wiggling his back legs back and forth whilst he is soaking)

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Yes tried mazuri (well the British equivant) which he used to go mad for but just tramples straight through any food I try to give him

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try soaking him in your tub. The warm water and the size of the tub, which will allow him to walk and move around a lot, might get things moving. If that doesn't work, I think you need to take him to a vet. BTW, you can use baby food carrots and add to the soak water, he will at least absorb and possibly drink some of it too.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
wellington said:
Try soaking him in your tub. The warm water and the size of the tub, which will allow him to walk and move around a lot, might get things moving. If that doesn't work, I think you need to take him to a vet. BTW, you can use baby food carrots and add to the soak water, he will at least absorb and possibly drink some of it too.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.