Going on holiday for 3 weeks...what to do??

ReptileLover369

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi one and all!

I will be going overseas soon for 3 weeks with family (which I live with) and don't have any family within at least 30 miles away so I'm at a loss for what to do with my little Rocket whilst I'm gone :(

Any advice on how I can find someone to look after her? I've seen on other threads, some have suggested pet shops or pet boarding? Has anybody had any experiences with such things or any other ideas?

TIA!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A neighbor or friend as Tom suggested is your best deal. Otherwise hire a pet sitter business
Whoever you get, make it easier and safer by having all lights on a timer and heat on a thermostat. Portion daily feedings in separate containers and have a couple water dishes.
Btw,used to pay my tortoise sitter 20 bucks a day to come twice a day, 15 bucks once a day. Summer time I would have him come twice to let out then put away at night and lock up. Once a day in winter.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I think if you have the light and heat and humidity of your system dialed in and controlled with timers and physical layout, then you just need someone to come in every few days to water and feed the tortoise.

I've left my Darwin for a week, confident that he was better off in his own home than somewhere else ... that being said, three weeks is a long time, so I'd try to find someone to change out food and water for your tortoise twice a week (or so), and to make sure the environmental parameters are within the expected range.

Good Luck!

Jamie