Go Duck Yourself !.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
bigred said:
We have 3 ducks down the street in the neighbors front yard, they have a kiddie pool for them. We had ducks and chickens as kids, my mom was just saying she wanted some ducks. Im going to send you an email

I'll set ya up Ed no problem.....there should be more hatching.....:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
bigred said:
We have 3 ducks down the street in the neighbors front yard, they have a kiddie pool for them. We had ducks and chickens as kids, my mom was just saying she wanted some ducks. Im going to send you an email

My mom is going to be 90 in a couple months and she still is always wanting new animals all the time

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:
bigred said:

My mom is going to be 90 in a couple months and she still is always wanting new animals all the time
Way to go Mom ! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, soooo cute. Ducks are some of the cutest babies. How relaxing is that. So cool. So jealous right now.:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
OMG, soooo cute. Ducks are some of the cutest babies. How relaxing is that. So cool. So jealous right now.:D
Barb ..... ya got that right ! ....;)

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Sooo cute
Rhis mother had 17 babies...
Sometimes they still come by...but they poop everywhere horrible

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1376361939735.jpg
    1376361939735.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 28
  • 1376361977690.jpg
    1376361977690.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 32

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great Pics Sandra ... what type of ducks are those?

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Great pics JD!!! So adorable!! :) :)

Sandra.....thats a lot of ducks!! :) :) Love the pics!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I had a pair of Mallards at my old place , the pond was right near my front door ….

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, I have to know. With you letting the ducks in on that light colored rug/carpet. You didn't do the house cleaning did you:p :D. That's the kind of ducks I had as a kid, mallards.

So, I have always wondered, if it was true or an old wise tale. If you hatch a duck or chicken and the first thing they see is you, do they think you are their momma? Where they follow you every place you go, like they would their momma. I have always heard it, never hatched an egg to know if it works or not.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Yes, it is called imprinting.
I once saw a duck who was imprinted on a blk Lab. They escaped their yard and were wondering the neighborhood. Poor duck was running it's little feet off trying to keep up with the dog.

Ann from CT

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
AnnV said:
Yes, it is called imprinting.
I once saw a duck who was imprinted on a blk Lab. They escaped their yard and were wondering the neighborhood. Poor duck was running it's little feet off trying to keep up with the dog.

Ann from CT

Thanks. I thought it was, heard a lot of stories, just never really knew. I can imagine that poor duck trying to keep up with a dog, too funny, yet kinda sad:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Absolutely ….and with these species..(hard to capture with pic .. you need video ) …they run v^v^v^ right behind you standing fully erect. It’s a riot to see the little one’s keeping up .. They are fast! ….and those big goofy feet….when babies look soooo funny!
And when pooped out ... will nestle right up to you and sit on your shoulder just like a parrot . :D
And yes .....Barb ... I clean my own house...:p,,,,,,,, I just have help now!;)

and trust me those ducks didnt get past the front entry ....:rolleyes:

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Haha awe! I loved all the SUPER cute duckling pics! :D The imprinting was neat!! I think it would be so cool to raise a baby duck, just the poop.... There's a pond a couple blocks from our house that has tons of ducks, ducklings, geese, and some gorgeous Canadian geese!! I live in northern Texas.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love all these pics! I had never heard of this type of a duck. I also always wondered if the imprinting thing was true. They are just so adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.