Glock Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

montana

5 Year Member
I think the perfect Glock should first come in a meaningful caliber ...

There should be NO reason to shoot any thing more than once ...

Ammo should come in armor piercing, Incendiary , and exploding [smart rounds would be cool ]

It should loose Those rudimentary sights [400 year old technology]and have night vision capability and be heat sensitive. It should be of one power to three and it could have a lock on feature..

The weapon its self should be semi auto full auto and three shot burst ...

The weapon should be shoulder stock compatible and the barrel should be threaded to accept a suppresser[the suppresser should double as a forearm and be insulated ..]

Robert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galaxy far, far away...
montana said:
I think the perfect Glock should first come in a meaningful caliber ...

There should be NO reason to shoot any thing more than once ...

Ammo should come in armor piercing, Incendiary , and exploding [smart rounds would be cool ]

It should loose Those rudimentary sights [400 year old technology]and have night vision capability and be heat sensitive. It should be of one power to three and it could have a lock on feature..

The weapon its self should be semi auto full auto and three shot burst ...

The weapon should be shoulder stock compatible and the barrel should be threaded to accept a suppresser[the suppresser should double as a forearm and be insulated ..]

Montana:
Sounds like you need an XM25, not a pistol! Unfortunately they currently run $35,000! Rounds will be $35 when they go into full production this year.

montana

5 Year Member
Back in the early 70 s a hand calculators were a hundred dollars each [In 1970 dollars ,you could buy a brand new VW for 1400 dollars ...

montana said:
Back in the early 70 s a hand calculators were a hundred dollars each [In 1970 dollars ,you could buy a brand new VW for 1400 dollars ...

The price of ammo while high Should not that prohibitive if it was [THE PERFECT GLOCK} there would be no need for practice as it would work so naturally [Like putting a spoon in your mouth ....]

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Tom:

I've heard more and more lately that modern ammunition has helped even the playing field when it comes to man stopping power. I've even promoted the idea. That being said, I've just been going off of other peoples word, but havent done any research myself.

My biggest interest is between 9mm and .40 cal. I've fired both, but I've never owned a 9mm. Any trusted resources you recommend where I can do some reading?

Any ammo recommendations for self defense purposes? What do ou use in your G19c?

Thanks.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
Check out Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Check it out on youtube, Hornady has a good little video about it and it's purpose.

HHISIII

5 Year Member
I have a 26 and while I can find no real fault with it, I don't really like it that much. It's efficient, accurate and reliable. On the other hand, I've had 1ftf (put around 6k through)in my P9S, it'll handle any load I can dream up and I can lay down <1" groups at 7yds with it. It's my baby and the weapon I find myself carrying most often. The laws are a tad lax as to what constitutes 'concealed' here, so most of the time it's a light shirt over a t-shirt and a Galco half harness shoulder holster.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Loving the gun talk on the Tortoise Forum, I love guns of all types.

"No tupperware for me." This made me laugh.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
took a picture this weekend of myself with my next carry gun...just gotta find the right holster for it....

DSC00925.jpg

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
i don't know about Tom, but I do.

i use a Dillon 650 progressive loader. i'm only set up for 44 mag right now. i will be getting 45 ACP and 40 S&W conversion kits soon.

B K

5 Year Member
I just got a RCBS still setting it up purchased 45acp dies

Still learning

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
B K said:
Tom do you reload your own ammunition

I used to. It just got too time consuming. I'm too OCD to do it quickly. I spent WAYYY too much time paying attention to detail. I spent about 6 months working up a perfect handload for my .308. The absolute best groups I could get were about 1/2 MOA. The best groups I could get with Federal Match Ammo (the best one for this rifle) were about 1/2 MOA.

I gave up at that point...

B K

5 Year Member
I am looking at buying a new 308 any suggestions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
B K said:

Any of the Remmington 700 series. I like the PSS, if they still sell it. They are reasonably priced, super dependable, and as accurate as any gun 3 or 4 times the price.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
B K said:

Sig P238. I just bought one and it's awesome. It's like a baby 1911. It shoots well, comes with night sights and looks great too. Plus....Sig pistols are sweet...

PART951295382380903.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.