Status
Not open for further replies.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Balboa...nice to see you back.

Tom, Great thread....have owned and still do own a bunch of toys....my favorites are still the 1911's, if you ever get to my part of Texas, let me know and we will go and play on my firing range.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
exoticsdr said:
Balboa...nice to see you back.

Tom, Great thread....have owned and still do own a bunch of toys....my favorites are still the 1911's, if you ever get to my part of Texas, let me know and we will go and play on my firing range.

DEAL!

montana

5 Year Member
I have run big game hound for decades ..

Its big rough country and when you leave the horse a pistol is the weapon of choice

I have found that NO pistol is worth a dam ..

I have seen 44 mags ball up time after time on a bears skull doing no damage ..

I once shot a lion with a 38 special ..Shot up all my shells reloaded shot the rest and had to go home and get a real gun ...

Recently I butchered two pigs I used my 44-40 hot hand loads .. Six shots point blank To one pig 0 penetration .Tried my wife's 357 same thing the old 86 in 45-70 was resorted to ..

I did have a contender that packed the punch but there was no good way to carry it so it may as well of had a stock ..

Auto pistols [I have had them all ] They just arn`t packing the gear ..

I would suggest a shotgun [One to the legs one point blank to the face ] or a .308 min battle rifle..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My instructor frequently ask the question, "Do you know what a pistol is for?" "Its to fight your way to your shotgun!"

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
I've been a Glock fan and owner for quite a few years. I have also owned an XD45 Compact.

I did like the grip of the XD a bit better but not the trigger.

I think the Glock 19 is about the best all around model. Great balance, mid sized, and ALWAYS works.

I picked up something else last year, for concealed carry, and really like it a lot. It's the Taurus 709 Slim.

Very compact single stack and very Glock like trigger and really easy to carry. I wish Glock would make a slim single stack version like this.

Got rid of my 26 and my Keltec PF9 since I got the 709.

And for shotguns, Mossberg 500 was the first gun I purchased for myself (back in 1984) and still have it very handy in the house. Another one that always works. :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Can't contribute much to the conversation, I shoot a bow. But I will say, reading men(no offense if I missed a woman's post???) talking about their guns, (or toys) turns me right on!!!
Nay

Oops. Laura, just saw yours!! Sorry..Still holds true for me!

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Nay said:
Can't contribute much to the conversation, I shoot a bow. But I will say, reading men(no offense if I missed a woman's post???) talking about their guns, (or toys) turns me right on!!!
Nay

You're my new favorite poster!! hahahaha

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm in Training right now to become an Animal Control Officer...in a month we go for POST 832...and firearms the following week. I owned a Glock 19, a Mossburg Riot shotgun and an Uzi...all three were stolen from my house in '93 and I thought what if I walked in and got shot by my own gun...anyway, we've already made the decision to purchase another Glock as soon as I have my card! More to follow...

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
spikethebest said:
B K said:
my next gun is a 50 bmg:D

my next gun is my Crew Chief and his 50 cal on board my Blackhawk Helicopter.... :p

if anyone thinks I am joking at all... i am not! :)

OH, your talking M2. The real 50 cal :) Been a few years since I got to shoot one of those. Of course I had to carry it (well part of it) also. :)

montana

5 Year Member
338 Lapua would be my choice ..

I know the 416 has found some favor but there is a point where weight and perceived recoil take a tole ...

Also expense of creating rounds becomes prohibitive with no Inexpensive 416 bullets to be had ..

Shooting up to a mile you have to be cool and practice a lot ..

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
I dont know, I still like my 50 cal :) I'm a big fan of black powder rifles. Love to build them and make all the ammo and everything :)

Tyler

B K

5 Year Member
CGKeith said:
spikethebest said:
B K said:

my next gun is my Crew Chief and his 50 cal on board my Blackhawk Helicopter.... :p

OH, your talking M2. The real 50 cal :) Been a few years since I got to shoot one of those. Of course I had to carry it (well part of it) also. :)

I packed a 60 it was a pain to jump with.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
B K said:
CGKeith said:
spikethebest said:
B K said:

why would you ever want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? :) jk!

B K

5 Year Member
spikethebest said:
B K said:
CGKeith said:
spikethebest said:
B K said:

Jumped out of the Blackhawk to but back then we called them crashhawks.

B K said:
spikethebest said:
B K said:
CGKeith said:
spikethebest said:

Jumped out of the Blackhawk to but back then we called them crashhawks.

Man now I feel old:(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Nay said:
Nay

I know I asked my Hubby who is a gun owner/enthusiest about glocks because of this thread and he started talking about how he prefers a sig saur (sp?) and why. I had to jump him! I attribute it to our instincts as women to feel protected. Sorry feminists, I want a big strong man to protect me.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Erin, my wife is the same way, but....she has her own .357 that she carries. :)

A friend of ours, who is a Police Officer asked her why she carried such a powerful gun. She responded "It makes me feel pretty." He laughed and didn't ask any more questions.

moswen

5 Year Member
i'm pretty late to this post, but i'll put my opinion up anyways lol!

i don't have very much knowledge or experience with hand guns, my forearms and wrists are pretty girly.... my hand almost always tilts back when i shoot and that makes me nervous. in my head i somehow feel as though i'll end up shooting someone who, as a freak of nature, sprouted wings and decided to fly overhead while i was shooting my gun. i know, that's a pretty silly and obviously impossible fear, but whatever, that's just me lol. mostly i'm just a hunter, gimme a shotgun or a rifle and let's get out into nature. i'm ashamed to admit in this company, that i only own one shotgun and one rifle...! my dad's a hunter as well, obviously, but he's really into guns in a way that sounds like "one day, i'll own every gun on the market." you can't imagine how many safes he has in his shop. he actually has two safes at my grandparent's house even, just incase he decides to go hunting while he's up in kansas, but didn't come prepared. a man's got to have a selection, doesn't he? currently he's working on building a rifle, because he met a guy that goes to long range tournaments and that guy builds rifles, so now my dad has to own a gun that he's built.... lol.

anyways, i'm excited to hear that there are still some people in the world who don't think guns are the root of all evil! i thought i was a dying breed. and to think, you all like tortoises too! what an exciting discovery haha! tom, i suspect that i should expect no less from you, you definately seem like the type of guy to have this type of hobby too!

Status
Not open for further replies.