GIVING AWAY some of my comics to a good home

Prairie Mom

sandman-morpheus.jpg

Hey guys,
I need to clear out my storage and have finally decided to give away the last of my remaining comics. They're not all kid-friendly, so I won't be putting them out in my home any time soon, and I'm tired of storing them. There's every chance some of these may have some minor value, but I don't feel like taking the time to look them up, and would prefer to give them to someone who would actually read them.

They're mostly Neil Gaiman.
I have some hard-bound "Sandman" collections, a few individual wrapped Sandman singles, and possibly a few other 'Vertigo' and 'DC' comics. -I'm really not sure what all is out there.

I just want these to go to someone who would actually appreciate them. If you contributed to shipping that would be welcome, but I'd give them to a good home regardless.

Let me know if you're interested REALLY SOON, because we'll find a home for these.
Thanks and take care of Morpheus for me!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I'm a big fan of Sandman just saying. plus I have been collecting comics for close to 30 years now.

Prairie Mom

I'm a big fan of Sandman just saying. plus I have been collecting comics for close to 30 years now.
That's so awesome, David!!! I love Sandman too! I love Neil Gaiman's novels also.

If you have any interest in my stuff, let me know, and I'll dig through the pile to get a better look at what all is out there.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
That's so awesome, David!!! I love Sandman too! I love Neil Gaiman's novels also.

If you have any interest in my stuff, let me know, and I'll dig through the pile to get a better look at what all is out there.
if no one wants them and you have no complaints I'll take the whole batch of comics lock stock and barrel that way you don't have to dig through them see how I try to make everything easy

Prairie Mom

Always knew you were cool @christinaland128 :D

Christina and David (@dmmj) :
Let me see how much I actually have left. It may be only a couple handfuls. Another English teacher that works with my husband taught an elective course at the college dedicated to "Sandman" (-isn't that cool!?) and he probably took my best stuff already, which included some no longer available posters made in Germany:D

I'll happily divide what I have among you both. Like I said, these are loved, and I would rather they were being enjoyed than stuck in my garage. I think I mostly have hardcover collections. I'll take a look later and let you both claim what you want.

Prairie Mom

@christinaland128 and @dmmj I would have PM'd you guys, but I can't post photos in conversations. The professor came and snatched a few and I think I have more hidden somewhere. However, I still found some pretty nifty handfuls.

I've made two piles of the single wrapped editions for you guys...
comics stacks.jpg
^planning for David.............................. ^planning for Christina ---if you guys really want them.
They're mostly random editions of Sandman, but there are a couple other fun/demented random DC/Vertigo-type comics.

WHO WANTS THIS? It's the complete series. Please speak up!:D....
comics watchmen.jpg

I was wondering if Christina would want these? But I'll happily send them to David too!
A Neil Gaiman "Death" collection based on the character from Sandman. (Ignore the photo on the front, it's comics inside)
Also, the same guy who wrote "The Watchmen" made a dark mythological/super hero series starring a female lead called "Promethea"
comics prom.jpg

And then I have an annoyingly random assortment of The Sandman Collection in hardcover. I have volumes 1,2,3 and the final volume 10---sorry! (If Christina takes the photo above, David gets first claim to any of these, but I'll give whatever to whomever as long as I know they're going to a good home and will be opened from time to time).
comics sandman graph.jpg

Please get in touch!:)
Feel free to post responses here or in PM AND please PM me where you'd like me to send these bad boys:)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have stacks of comics in my father - in - laws house . Don't know why they are there but they are . I don't collect them anymore . I'm going to give them to my first grandson . If my boy ever gets busy making one . haha

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I have stacks of comics in my father - in - laws house . Don't know why they are there but they are . I don't collect them anymore . I'm going to give them to my first grandson . If my boy ever gets busy making one . haha
Well he probably knows HOW after watching the torts do their thing. LOL

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
good to know there are other comic heads on the site lol i got some pretty good old ones comics.jpg

the two batmans on the top are from 74 and 69 the first one is from 74 and is literally ONE issue away from the introduction of ra's al ghul i have 231 he was introduce in 232. if i had that issue it'd be worth money lol

no i'm not looking for new homes for these lol

Prairie Mom

Dude that not cool
No worries! Honestly! Thank you, though. :) That's Cameron giving me a good tease. We're friendly on the forum and I've been known to dish it out myself. All is well. ...And I've admitted more than once that I take great pride in being called a "Nerd." Nerds are cool:D

Prairie Mom

good to know there are other comic heads on the site lol i got some pretty good old ones View attachment 163476

the two batmans on the top are from 74 and 69 the first one is from 74 and is literally ONE issue away from the introduction of ra's al ghul i have 231 he was introduce in 232. if i had that issue it'd be worth money lol

no i'm not looking for new homes for these lol
WHOOOO-EEEEE!!!! Thanks for showing off your pretties:) Very cool!:D

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
@Prairie Mom. I received them thank you very much they're very well appreciated can't wait to read them