Give pet tortoises more space to live

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
That looks great bee! I bet you will have to add new grass regularly.
Yes, I had grasbuckles in the enclosure several times before today but they "died" in the heat .... Although it is very humid in the enclosure, but too hot for gras growing.:D

Bee62

Germany
Hello friends.
I `ve done it again.:eek::D
What ?
Giving my tortoises more space to live !:) My two little Hermanns got a bigger enclosure because I srewed 3 enclosures together to a bigger one.
My little ones love their new playground. Have a look:

That was the enclosure as it was smaller:
DSCN2238.JPG

This is the extension:
DSCN2804.JPG

and this is the "new" enclosure. Bigger is better ....:D
DSCN2805.JPG

That`s why I like wood. You can screw and saw.... and making something new.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello friends.
I `ve done it again.:eek::D
What ?
Giving my tortoises more space to live !:) My two little Hermanns got a bigger enclosure because I srewed 3 enclosures together to a bigger one.
My little ones love their new playground. Have a look:

That was the enclosure as it was smaller:
View attachment 234245

This is the extension:
View attachment 234246

and this is the "new" enclosure. Bigger is better ....:D
View attachment 234247

That`s why I like wood. You can screw and saw.... and making something new.:D
Looks awesome Sabine. Love it.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hi,

today I want to share with you my new and larger tortoise enclosure project that I finished yesterday.
I love to give animals that I keep the best conditions I can offer to them and I can`t understand that some people think that a tortoise because it is small can be kept in an enclosure that is small.

I own 3 great growing sulcata torts. They are 17 months old and they got a larger place. I know it is only for a short time and they will be outgrown of there new enclosure soon, but I want to keep them as long as possible in my living room. So they living room cabinet has to go and was replaced with sideboards and new terrariums. Of course closed chambers !:)
The terrariums are connected with each other and the sullies got 4,70 m in lenght to roam, and I think they like it.

Have a view what the result looks like:

View attachment 225546

View attachment 225547

View attachment 225548

We are on the race track .......
View attachment 225549

View attachment 225550

View attachment 225552

View attachment 225553
I love it. Your new enclosures and your tortoises all look great.

Morty'sMamma

James Island, Charleston, SC
Hi,

today I want to share with you my new and larger tortoise enclosure project that I finished yesterday.
I love to give animals that I keep the best conditions I can offer to them and I can`t understand that some people think that a tortoise because it is small can be kept in an enclosure that is small.

I own 3 great growing sulcata torts. They are 17 months old and they got a larger place. I know it is only for a short time and they will be outgrown of there new enclosure soon, but I want to keep them as long as possible in my living room. So they living room cabinet has to go and was replaced with sideboards and new terrariums. Of course closed chambers !:)
The terrariums are connected with each other and the sullies got 4,70 m in lenght to roam, and I think they like it.

View attachment 225546

View attachment 225547

View attachment 225548

View attachment 225549

View attachment 225550

View attachment 225552

View attachment 225553
Hi,

View attachment 225546

View attachment 225547

View attachment 225548

View attachment 225549

View attachment 225550

View attachment 225552

View attachment 225553
Gorgeous! I love it!!!!