Girl or boy??

Matthew11_28

Location (City and/or State)
Derbyshire
Hi. I’ve read it difficult to tell the gender of young horsefield tortoises, I was told my tortoise was a girl, but would like to ask your advice? Thanks

3A2F2BB9-7537-478D-B8FC-85CBACD4FA71.jpeg

Matthew11_28

Derbyshire
Too young. Why are the legs skin peeling? That is not normal. What are your temperatures and lights? @Tom @Yvonne G
Hi Tom. Thanks. To be honest I only noticed that a day ago and was told by the shop to reduce the temperature down. It’s usually around 30°c and 20°c at the cooler end. She seems fine in herself and eats to the point of being greedy at times. Do you think that the skin is something I should pop her to the vet with or watch? Thanks

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
those back legs dont look very good, whats that about? This is not caused by your temps.

Reactions: Ink

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Hi Tom. Thanks. To be honest I only noticed that a day ago and was told by the shop to reduce the temperature down. It’s usually around 30°c and 20°c at the cooler end. She seems fine in herself and eats to the point of being greedy at times. Do you think that the skin is something I should pop her to the vet with or watch? Thanks

Peeling skin like this does not usually have anything to do with temperature, rather it usually caused by a vitamin A overdose. Do you see extensive peeling elsewhere such as the neck?

What supplements (powders etc) are you feeding the tortoise? Be sure to include the name/product, brand, and frequency.