Getting new Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Tyrone is being blessed with a new enclosure! It is a HUGE aquarium ..74 inches long x 18.5. wide x 22 inches tall

My question is what do you all think I should have regarding lighting requirements

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
stasisdc5 said:
me like the mercury vapor bulbs

What wattage ?

He is in a 36x24 now and it is way to small so this is going to be nice to have a bigger set up, I am hoping he will be much happier

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I use zoomed power sun mvb. I believe they only come in 100 or 160 watt. I personally use the 100 watt version. I have it 12 inches above the substrate and it gives me a temp of about 100 F but would raise it up to 15 inches on hotter days. hopefully that gives you an idea of how powerful the 100 watt is and can help you decide between the two.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
stasisdc5 said:
I use zoomed power sun mvb. I believe they only come in 100 or 160 watt. I personally use the 100 watt version. I have it 12 inches above the substrate and it gives me a temp of about 100 F but would raise it up to 15 inches on hotter days. hopefully that gives you an idea of how powerful the 100 watt is and can help you decide between the two.

I did get the MVB 100 watt! He is the new enclosure

image-1841935034.png

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Pic didn't show up. :(
That sounds like a nice long enclosure! If you need to add lighting, how about a Reptisun fluorescent tube light?
Depending on temps, you may or may not need extra heating partway down.

try pics again? (upload to photobucket, then click in IMG under pic and paste into thread).

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
Pic didn't show up. :(
That sounds like a nice long enclosure! If you need to add lighting, how about a Reptisun fluorescent tube light?
Depending on temps, you may or may not need extra heating partway down.

try pics again? (upload to photobucket, then click in IMG under pic and paste into thread).

image-220119019.png

I hope this works

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Watsonpartyof4 said:
I hope this works

image-4251764539.png

dannel said:
Nope. Try attatching off of your desktop.

I am on my iPad ... I don't get it I posted before just fine ...

Watsonpartyof4 said:

I am on my iPad ... I don't get it I posted before just fine ...

If you look under " Tyrone's new enclosure ... Help with temps " thread it is there

Status
Not open for further replies.