Getting another Redfoot:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I'm gonna have 2 torts now:) My cousin has a tortoise named Bowser and he is giving it to me because he doesn't give his the attention it needs. I'm pretty excited because Bowser is a great tortoise and Michelangelo will have a friend at home.

283985_2351060854991_1204215602_32893612_7396727_n.jpg

Michelangelo and Bowser:) (left to right)

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
Thank you:)

My only concern is how they will react to each other in the same enclosure. They have both lived most(if not all) of their lives in enclosures alone. We always put them together outside but only for a few hours so hopefully neither of them are aggressive towards the other.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Even though we stress solitary is usually best, RF's seem to do well in groups, we have several keepers here who keep large colonies together with no problems, so I would say it is a good chance they will get along, but as always like the boy scouts "be prepared"

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I am sure they will adapt well. Make sure you give them enough space to separate themselves if they need to. I have had 3 together for almost a year and so far I have had no problems with them. Thinking about getting a 4th if I can't get my Bolivian.

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
I will definitely keep you all updated. I'm picking Bowser up Saturday. And yes Bowser is big, especially compared to Michelangelo:)

They will have plenty of space to separate themselves if they feel the need. I plan in making them a big enclosure anyways. And I do have a backup plan in case either one is overly aggressive towards the other. Separate enclosure, inconvenient but it might be necessary if things don't go the way I'm hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.