Georgian Bay Turtle Hospital! We need your votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Georgian Bay Turtle Hospital needs your votes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspired by the success of the Kawartha Turtle Trauma Centre, the Georgian Bay Turtle Hospital is planned to serve the Georgian Bay/ Lake Huron watershed. Scales Nature Park is donating the use of a building and land, but modifications and upgrades will be required and equipment needs to be purchased.

For the next two weeks, you can help by voting for the Georgian Bay Turtle Hospital in the Aviva Community Fund. Success could lead to $100K in funding to help get the turtle hospital operating for next spring! Please vote daily- there is a limit of one vote per person per day so we can't just catch up at the end.

Here is a direct link to our idea on the ACF site: http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf14676

Please share this around and encourage your friends to vote as well! Road mortality is the single greatest threat to turtles in Canada, and every adult female that can be saved is a big help in slowing the decline of our turtle populations. Seven out of eight are already species at risk!

Thanks for your help
Rich

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Seems like your the only one, haha. But I guess it's only Canada and only Canadian turtles, lol.

Thanks to those who have helped and voted. You can vote once a day!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give it time. Others will vote. It's not JUST Canada. It's Canada, our neighboring friends. BTW, I love your country. I am voting as soon as I am done with this post. I will vote every day. Good luck and keep us posted on how it's doing.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks everyone who has helped and voted. For the others, you don't need to register or anything. You can also vote on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.