George the 200lb Sulcata

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Would anyone know if this male happens to be a Sudanese? I suspected it with my near 100lb male, but this guy seems to have much more prominent features. I've noticed head differences as well between some specimens and Sudanese over time - but still can't tell. I can post more photos tomorrow (today). @DeanS @Tom

He was weighed a week ago at the vet and came back with a clean bill of health.

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
I have another unboxing video coming tomorrow! Also, if you know my videos - you haven't seen George yet. Tank and him seem to occupy two different parts of the yard.

Tomorrows unboxing will be exciting! Pond addition.

Great name ;)

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
74d6204196e2680711f36680eeca0e51.jpg

fe460d2e4208fd1eea29dc260fbc5ec2.jpg

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
He's gorgeous! Do you have another over 100lbs? Or is this the first? I have a Tank as well, lol. We weighed him a couple days ago and he's up to 172lbs! 19 years old. Getting big and fat!
I'm curious how you move him around? It's difficult with Tank. He's never cooperative and takes 2-3 people (depending on their size) to lift. Not fun. Lol.
And can I see pics of his housing? What area are you in?
And what's your YouTube channel???

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
He's gorgeous! Do you have another over 100lbs? Or is this the first? I have a Tank as well, lol. We weighed him a couple days ago and he's up to 172lbs! 19 years old. Getting big and fat!
I'm curious how you move him around? It's difficult with Tank. He's never cooperative and takes 2-3 people (depending on their size) to lift. Not fun. Lol.
And can I see pics of his housing? What area are you in?
And what's your YouTube channel???
I've got another male that weighs in at just about 100lb. Years back I had a 120lb or so male that passed of health complications.

How I move him around? I have a very large wooden pole which I kind of tap on him gently to get him to move, then I guide him around. Otherwise I need two others to help me, haha.

His housing? My entire yard which is nearly 2 acres. They live outdoors 10 months out of the year and then go back into the heated garage setup in winter. I am in Houston, Texas.

My YouTube channel is also TeguBuzz, there are no videos up of George yet.

Reactions: Rue

Schatzi011

5 Year Member
Wow, your guy looks beautiful. My guy is only 43 lbs and he already gets a lot of attention for his size. I can't imagine the attention he'll draw when he's a giant.

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
~ Can you share what method you used to get his weight?
I believe the brand scale we use is Brecknell, the vet uses another brand but essentially the same thing.

Rather large pad that we maneuver the tortoise on to, gives out a quick digital reading.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I believe the brand scale we use is Brecknell, the vet uses another brand but essentially the same thing.

Rather large pad that we maneuver the tortoise on to, gives out a quick digital reading.

~ Thank you

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
That is one hunka hunka burning tortoise!! My guy is only 125 and to takes two of us to lift him!!

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
That is one hunka hunka burning tortoise!! My guy is only 125 and to takes two of us to lift him!!
He's definitely settled well into my herd. I thought my 100lb male was big but George makes him look tiny! He's a backbreaker, that's for sure. Very friendly too.