Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Here's what GASulcata had to say about his for sale sulcata:

"I'm a newbie and stumbled upon this forum while doing research on finding a new home from my sulcata Spike. Spike is a male, age unknown, and is a rescue. He was found roaming loose and trying to get into a hotel's sliding glass doors in town. He was dropped off at my place of employment and came home with me about a year ago.

During that time, I have transitioned him back to a vegetarian diet (we suspect he was eating cat or dog food based on his bloodwork and pyramiding.) He now grazes outside any time the weather is warm enough and his diet is supplemented with greens and tortoise pellets. He's had regularly veterinary care, including xrays, bloodwork and dewormer (even for a tortoise, he had a lot of hookworms when he was found) and has been microchipped in case he tried escaping. His pyramiding has improved greatly since I got him and all of his bloodwork is now normal. During the winters and very hot days he comes inside.

He is good with just about everything and is more inclined to just ignore them and do his own thing. He also is clicker trained for feeding when he is inside. He is a true delight, but I am looking at relocating and am not going to be able to take him with me."

I love the fact that he went to so much trouble for a "found" tortoise. Tortoise folks can be some of the nicest folks I know!!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
He was just trying to check into the hotel! Good story, I'm glad he ended up in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.