Garden chat & photos for torts and people ♫ ♫

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Would you show us pictures of the fruit the seeds come from?
What I sent you is the dried fruit with the seed inside. One seed each. It's just a green ball shape before drying out. Nothing like the moon plant which is a large round pod with very sharp spikes with many seeds inside. It splits open after drying out to release the seeds.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here are some other seeds I been waiting a couple years for.Took these pics earlier today.Picture 007.jpgPicture 013.jpg I had several of these plants until an Impressed tortoise ate them all. This plant showed up a couple years ago and I've been waiting for it to go to seed. Here's the whole plant from above.Picture 009.jpgPicture 011.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Here are some other seeds I been waiting a couple years for.Took these pics earlier today.View attachment 300629View attachment 300628 I had several of these plants until an Impressed tortoise ate them all. This plant showed up a couple years ago and I've been waiting for it to go to seed. Here's the whole plant from above.View attachment 300630View attachment 300631
Lol between my bad eyes and the phone size picture, my first thought in the first picture was that there was a mushroom growing in that plant. Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anybody know why my figs are splitting open? It's a young tree, only about 4' tall. I water deeply once a week. The figs are ALMOST full size, green, and maybe about a week away from ripening. Thick green skin but bright red inside.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Anybody know why my figs are splitting open? It's a young tree, only about 4' tall. I water deeply once a week. The figs are ALMOST full size, green, and maybe about a week away from ripening. Thick green skin but bright red inside.
Heat stress?