Gamera. How he’s been.

gamera154

Location (City and/or State)
grand terrace ca
So I’ve had Gamera for about 2years now and I haven’t really been all the forums that much for about half that time. Well I’d thought I’d change that! From now on I’ll be much more active on here than I used to be. But enough of that. On to Gamera. He’s been doing good so far. During the winter he really slowed down, sleeping for a couple days at a time, Until I would go in and wake him up. He loves to sleep. He’ll burry himself in substrate and I won’t see him for around two days. Then he wakes up, moves everything in his indoor enclosure and demands food. I’ve been slowly cutting lettuce from his diet and replacing it with collard greens (which he actually likes more now). However I do have cheat days where he gets a feast of Romain, collard greens, and rose petals( if the flowers are blooming) which he goes to town on. I don’t ever see him drink. I’ve only ever seen him drinking about two times but even then he stops right when he sees me.
His outdoor enclosure has changed tremendously, and by that I mean I completely destroyed the old one and set up a new one. This new one is smaller overall, but offers more sunshine. He hasn’t been in it too much tho as it’s been really overcast lately and he can’t get any sunlight so he instantly wants to come back inside. This is a little good however as I need the weeds and grass to grow back to offer more a more diverse outdoor area and a place for him to look for weeds. Overall he’s been good and I haven’t had any problems. Pictures:035F16A9-E60F-4E41-AE3A-0A0A2EEF6192.jpeg
There’s food everywhere because hes a messy boy.
74B84092-F70B-4CAF-AE3C-ECD3A1FCE883.jpeg
How he awakens in the morning.

gamera154

grand terrace ca
Here’s a photo of his indoor enclosure. It’s a very small 2x2 but he’s only in here on cloudy days and when he’s not outside. I really wanna build something a little bit bigger. Like a 2x3 or a 2x4. Just so he has more room inside instead of this heavily under sized glass box. 84A127EC-0DB6-4844-A833-FA37C95AF856.jpeg Mind the mess. That’s last nights meal that I forgot to pick up before he came inside today. After this photo was taken he burrowed down and went straight to sleep.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So I’ve had Gamera for about 2years now and I haven’t really been all the forums that much for about half that time. Well I’d thought I’d change that! From now on I’ll be much more active on here than I used to be. But enough of that. On to Gamera. He’s been doing good so far. During the winter he really slowed down, sleeping for a couple days at a time, Until I would go in and wake him up. He loves to sleep. He’ll burry himself in substrate and I won’t see him for around two days. Then he wakes up, moves everything in his indoor enclosure and demands food. I’ve been slowly cutting lettuce from his diet and replacing it with collard greens (which he actually likes more now). However I do have cheat days where he gets a feast of Romain, collard greens, and rose petals( if the flowers are blooming) which he goes to town on. I don’t ever see him drink. I’ve only ever seen him drinking about two times but even then he stops right when he sees me.
His outdoor enclosure has changed tremendously, and by that I mean I completely destroyed the old one and set up a new one. This new one is smaller overall, but offers more sunshine. He hasn’t been in it too much tho as it’s been really overcast lately and he can’t get any sunlight so he instantly wants to come back inside. This is a little good however as I need the weeds and grass to grow back to offer more a more diverse outdoor area and a place for him to look for weeds. Overall he’s been good and I haven’t had any problems. Pictures:View attachment 239975
There’s food everywhere because hes a messy boy.
View attachment 239976
How he awakens in the morning.

What type of shade during the day does he have? I see the half blue hide, but I likely just am not seeing the rest of the enclosure for outdoors...?

gamera154

grand terrace ca
What type of shade during the day does he have? I see the half blue hide, but I likely just am not seeing the rest of the enclosure for outdoors...?
During the day the shade starts to creep up from the wall. There is also a little lip on the wall(not in frame) that offers shade on the other side. He usually digs in the substrate in shady spots when it gets hot, he also try’s to move the potted aloe and dig under that

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
During the day the shade starts to creep up from the wall. There is also a little lip on the wall(not in frame) that offers shade on the other side. He usually digs in the substrate in shady spots when it gets hot, he also try’s to move the potted aloe and dig under that

I bet he would love a couple of other shade spots :)