Game of Thrones anyone? (may contain spoilers)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Evening all. Glad to see all the dear ones are here. Yellow turtle, Abdulla, & Adam. How is Bea?? Hope to join you all on a regular basis soon. Missed you all, :):)
Hi, Puffy, really missed you, too.
Bea's busy at work and only pops in occasionally as she's doing loadsa hours so she can retire in a couple of months time.
Hope you are well and can rejoin us soon.
Often in The Cold Dark Room.

puffinboots

I have stopped using my laptop completely now as I have everything on this phone. The trouble is its not so easy to see what's going on with the Forum as space is so confined.
I will try to become familiar with it ,as it sounds you've been all having such fun.
It's great to find people like you Adam , who find other peoples , cultures, & idiosyncrasies just as absorbing as I do.
I have just finished the trilogy of Amitav Ghosh , about the notorious Opium Wars. Brilliant naval historian but written in novel form. The only criticism I have was his use of Indian words which became rather a drag as no foot notes for translation.
Torties all doing well. In 50 degree heat they will still not drink from a dish, but when I hose their enclosure with water , all the little heads go down for a guzzle. Guess mud tastes better.
See you soon

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have stopped using my laptop completely now as I have everything on this phone. The trouble is its not so easy to see what's going on with the Forum as space is so confined.
I will try to become familiar with it ,as it sounds you've been all having such fun.
It's great to find people like you Adam , who find other peoples , cultures, & idiosyncrasies just as absorbing as I do.
I have just finished the trilogy of Amitav Ghosh , about the notorious Opium Wars. Brilliant naval historian but written in novel form. The only criticism I have was his use of Indian words which became rather a drag as no foot notes for translation.
Torties all doing well. In 50 degree heat they will still not drink from a dish, but when I hose their enclosure with water , all the little heads go down for a guzzle. Guess mud tastes better.
See you soon
Get used to the phone!!!!!!
Quickly.
Glad all's well with you , but really miss having you around.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think this means the countdown has officially begun.

CUghf-tWsAQ5ftS.jpg

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Do we know yet if book 6 will be out before season 6? I almost want to wait for the book. I love watching what I've read come to life on the screen, but if I've already seen the show, I feel like it's going to make the book more of a chore to get through? I know this will be the last book/season where that's even going to be a question and I'll have to get used to it going forward, but still...

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Sorry!;)
Perhaps this season they'll all make peace, give the dragons the correct humidity and all bake cookies together while building snowmen with The White Walkers.
Or maybe the leader of the white walkers is frosty and it's all some strange revenge trip about humans enslaving his people and making them all wear carrot noses and corn cob pipes. Either way winter is coming...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just watched a new season preview and it might explain how john Snow could return.
Remember, the actor has said that he is indeed dead? Dead, but still a cast member?
The preview showed the room of faces. Where Aria is. (Now blind?)
Looking at the shelves, there were many, familiar faces including the face of king Geoffrey, Ned stark and our pal John Snow. So any of those folks could wear his face and walk around as him..... Puzzling though was that it also showed the head/face of Tyrian. The dwarf. He isn't dead.
This season might kill him off as well? That sucks.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I just watched a new season preview and it might explain how john Snow could return.
Remember, the actor has said that he is indeed dead? Dead, but still a cast member?
The preview showed the room of faces. Where Aria is. (Now blind?)
Looking at the shelves, there were many, familiar faces including the face of king Geoffrey, Ned stark and our pal John Snow. So any of those folks could wear his face and walk around as him..... Puzzling though was that it also showed the head/face of Tyrian. The dwarf. He isn't dead.
This season might kill him off as well? That sucks.

I think the preview that showed the faces also showed a bunch of faces of other still-alive characters, so it may not mean much. Or it's gonna be an extra deadly season.

Kori5

Addictive.
Natalie Dormer is my favorite. (Not her character, just her.) I'd never seen her before. She is absolutely Beautiful!
My favorite characters keep getting killed.:mad:
I like her too and find her attractive. So does my boyfriend. I read somewhere online that she used to be insecure about her face and would often smile in a certain way to hide the asimmetry. Nothing to be insecure in my opinion :).

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I like her too and find her attractive. So does my boyfriend. I read somewhere online that she used to be insecure about her face and would often smile in a certain way to hide the asimmetry. Nothing to be insecure in my opinion :).
It might be the thing that makes her so uniquely beautiful.