Game of Thrones anyone? (may contain spoilers)

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Yes.... Binged watched the entire series last month, now I'm trying to catch up on the books. Don't think I'm going to before Sunday however.

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
I'm just about done with the first, so I've got quite a ways to go in the series . As great as the show is, I've found the book even better.

With that said, HBO has done a really good job staying with the story line (from what I've read so far, I've heard there might be a few differences later on).

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I have yet to any of the books, but I do watch the show.
I don't keep up with it and usually watch it after they air the first time, but I have to catch up!

Benjamin J.

5 Year Member
Somewhere
I am a huge fan here! 16 minutes after the ending tonight. Can you believe on balcony?? :O hehe

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I must say that so far, this season hasn't really gotten me very thrilled yet.
Not up to the standards of past seasons when every episode was a good, stand alone story. These are all an open ended preview of what's to come.
I still love the thing, though!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm a Game of Thrones newbie.
Only watched the first five of season 1 so far.
Some of the acting and dialogue have been atrocious, but episode 2 got me interested in watching
I rather enjoyed ep 5 too.
Like the little dwarf fellow, good actor with a tremendous voice and I like the little tomboy girl.
Watching ep 6 and 7 in a couple of minutes time.
Does it get better?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm a Game of Thrones newbie.
Only watched the first five of season 1 so far.
Some of the acting and dialogue have been atrocious, but episode 2 got me interested in watching
I rather enjoyed ep 5 too.
Like the little dwarf fellow, good actor with a tremendous voice and I like the little tomboy girl.
Watching ep 6 and 7 in a couple of minutes time.
Does it get better?
Yes. You're right in the midst of the good stuff. Interesting you would like those two characters...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes. You're right in the midst of the good stuff. Interesting you would like those two characters...
Says a lot about my psychology, I guess.
But also, the dwarf reads books and the girl is in Doctor Who next season (I think) , Which is my favourite show of all time.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I'm just about done with the first, so I've got quite a ways to go in the series . As great as the show is, I've found the book even better.

With that said, HBO has done a really good job staying with the story line (from what I've read so far, I've heard there might be a few differences later on).

I'm about at the same spot - I've finished the first, somewhat started the second and have also started the companion book.

Since the series (book) isn't finished I'm debating whether to hurry up and catch up or wait till more/the next book comes out. I always end up re-reading the preceding books in a series when a new one comes out anyways. But there are a lot of fan/conspiracy theories out there and I don't want to get all into those without having a decent understanding of the books.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Just this moment finished S01 ep 08 and must confess it's getting pretty exciting.
Might even watch the next one tonight.