Galapagos Tortoises

Olddog

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Do you have any idea what caused the shell of the larger tortoise between the 4th & 5th vertebral to 'sink in'?
Unknown. Tortoise had this when purchased 20 plus years ago. He has gotten much larger but the back structure has remained unchanged. No difficulty with movement. His early history is unknown to me.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Jealous, petty and small are three words I think of when I read this post. I very much enjoy this thread and appreciate this gentleman taking his time to share these amazing creatures in such a beautiful setting with us. Quit trying to $#@& this up for the rest of us.

Jealous, petty and small are three words I think of when I read your post. Don’t hate small man, I find this OP and his tortoises fantastic, I see this as success and the dream life and if I want to express this I will. Don’t bother retorting iv’e already had enough of you.

tortgiant

Netherlands
Thanks for sharing your expert knowledge and wide experience with the Galapagos tortoises in your wonderful Floridean facility. If ever there are opportunities for breeding sound from Galapagos tortoises of known origins your facility is base.

It would be nice if some of the Townsend tortoises in zoo collections that currently do not reproduce may be added to have a better chance at reproduction and in the interest of ex situ conservation breeding from the known origins Galapagos tortoise around in captivity in the USA.