Galapagos on NG

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
did anyone watch the National Geographic channel last night? they had an hour long special about the galapagos islands. i'm not sure if it was new or a repeat. they talked a little bit about the Galapagos Tortoise. every animal there had a purpose. the birds were friends with the Galapgos Tortoise, the tortoise would stand tall and let the birds eat the bugs and parasites off of them. small lizards were friends with the seals, walking all over them to eat the flies that gathered on the seals. ghost crabs form the sand would crawl on the marine iguanas and eat the parasites and algae off of them. it was an amazing show to watch!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
ah, i missed this! i've seen a couple good documentaries about the Galapagos - seems like an absolutely amazing place!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I missed this veiwing also but I have seen others and someday I would love to go there.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
it was truely amazing. i'm sure they have info on their website showing the next time they're showing it. i tried looking it up but my works internet is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.