Fun things to do with your tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester tortoiseson

5 Year Member
What are some fun things you can do with your tort. I don't want his whole life to be boring. Is it safe to let him roam around my room (no cat, dog or any other pet).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most say no, others say yes. If you do, make sure there is nothing he can accidentally eat. Electrical cords, paper, etc.
I don't do anything with mine but watch him, talk to him and kiss his cute little head:D

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
chester tortoiseson said:
So is it safe to let him roam around my room?

I wouldn't, but others do. Whether it is safe or not depends on what is on your floor.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So is it safe to let him roam around my room?

Well, if you have carpeting---pittle and poo's will happen as well as nails getting stuck in the carpet and some torts thing carpet looks mighty tasty and that can lead to a whole bunch of other probs...

If you have wood--nails and pittle and poo's will happen and so make sure you won't care...

If you have tile or concrete--well the nails the pittle and the poo's won't cause an issue for you...but the cool floor for a long period of time may create an unfavorable situation for the tort...again, prolonged periods of time....although I have a tort here that if I bring him in for some observation time :))) will bee line strait to the concrete flooring in the house and sprawl out and go to sleep....

So, to answer your question, there is no answer....I guess...lay on the ground in the area that your tort will roam and look around to make sure no hazardous tiny pieces of "whatever" is not present..including electrical cords and such and just keep an eye on him.....

I would not recommend making a tort an indoor regular as you would a dog ....but sounds like this is something you are REALLY REALLY did I say REALLY want to do...so be as cautious as possible...oh yeah, they can get under and behind some interesting things....so safeguard against that as well---or at least have some way of gently removing him from a wedgie spot....if needed :D

oh yeah...to answer your thread question....you can play fetch the ball, frisbee, baseball ----lol.... :D:D:D:D:p:rolleyes:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.