Fruits/Greens

Rllyank

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Good fruit/veggie recommendations for a red foot? Especially fruits please!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Good fruit/veggie recommendations for a red foot? Especially fruits please!
Papaya, pineapple, banana, strawberry, kiwi, melon, cantaloupe, blueberries, raspberries, peach, and pear are all good fruits.

Squash, cucumber, peppers, pumpkin, mushrooms, carrots, and sweet potato are some good veggies.

There's probably more im not remembering right now. The list is really endless with Redfoots.

COmtnLady

Colorado
Keep in mind that she's got me trained fairly well...

My Redfoot likes:

Lacinato Kale (sometimes called Dinosaur Kale, but not the more modern kales)
Green Leaf Lettuce
Romaine Lettuce
some of the "fancy" kinds of lettuce, but it depends on what she's up for that day
dandelion flowers , the leaves not so much
some of the other weeds from my yard, like lamb's quarters and such, where I know they haven't been sprayed or chemically treated.
She likes Mulberry Leaves, too

Mango
Banana
BLUEBERRIES !
Strawberries sometimes
Raspberries
a few bites of Nectarine or Peach (but they tend to go icky quickly)

Mushrooms (she likes some kinds, and not others, so I have to try different ones)

a yellow or orange cocktail tomato (the little grape-sized kinds, cut into quarters, once in a while )
bell pepper (she likes yellow or orange ones better than green)
She gets pieces of whatever I'm putting in my salads, or making for dinner (with no salt or spices, or anything that comes "pre-cooked, prepared, canned, or is supposed to be microwaved")

I always keep a bag of freeze dried strawberries on the shelf. (Be careful to only get just strawberries, not ones that have sugar, preservatives, or other stuff on them. They're usually near the raisins and other dried fruits at the stores.) They're "backup" in case I have run out of things to make her lunch interesting. I cut two or three of the dried slices into bite sized pieces, with scissors, and put a spoon of water on them to reconstitute them while I'm washing and trimming her greens for the day,

I also keep a bag of frozen organic blueberries as "back up", too. I thaw five or six berries when I'm out of fresh ones.

I only buy Organic for her. I don't trust them not to spray nasty stuff on the regular veggies/fruit that could make her ill.

And I keep a cuttlebone in her enclosure (which isn't fruits or veggies, but I feel better when she's got calcium available if she wants it.)

Go to the upper right corner of this page and click on the spy glass/search icon Enter RedFoot Food and you'll find TONS more.

Last edited:

Rllyank

Michigan
Papaya, pineapple, banana, strawberry, kiwi, melon, cantaloupe, blueberries, raspberries, peach, and pear are all good fruits.

Squash, cucumber, peppers, pumpkin, mushrooms, carrots, and sweet potato are some good veggies.

There's probably more im not remembering right now. The list is really endless with Redfoots.
Thank you!!!

Rllyank

Michigan
Keep in mind that she's got me trained fairly well...

My Redfoot likes:

Lacinato Kale (sometimes called Dinosaur Kale, but not the more modern kales)
Green Leaf Lettuce
Romaine Lettuce
some of the "fancy" kinds of lettuce, but it depends on what she's up for that day
dandelion flowers , the leaves not so much
some of the other weeds from my yard, like lamb's quarters and such, where I know they haven't been sprayed or chemically treated.
She likes Mulberry Leaves, too

Mango
Banana
BLUEBERRIES !
Strawberries sometimes
Raspberries
a few bites of Nectarine or Peach (but they tend to go icky quickly)

Mushrooms (she likes some kinds, and not others, so I have to try different ones)

a yellow or orange cocktail tomato (the little grape-sized kinds, cut into quarters, once in a while )
bell pepper (she likes yellow or orange ones better than green)
She gets pieces of whatever I'm putting in my salads, or making for dinner (with no salt or spices, or anything that comes "pre-cooked, prepared, canned, or is supposed to be microwaved")

I always keep a bag of freeze dried strawberries on the shelf. (Be careful to only get just strawberries, not ones that have sugar, preservatives, or other stuff on them. They're usually near the raisins and other dried fruits at the stores.) They're "backup" in case I have run out of things to make her lunch interesting. I cut two or three of the dried slices into bite sized pieces, with scissors, and put a spoon of water on them to reconstitute them while I'm washing and trimming her greens for the day,

I also keep a bag of frozen organic blueberries as "back up", too. I thaw five or six berries when I'm out of fresh ones.

I only buy Organic for her. I don't trust them not to spray nasty stuff on the regular veggies/fruit that could make her ill.

And I keep a cuttlebone in her enclosure (which isn't fruits or veggies, but I feel better when she's got calcium available if she wants it.)

Go to the upper right corner of this page and click on the spy glass/search icon Enter RedFoot Food and you'll find TONS more.

Thank you so much! My red foot is the same haha she’s so picky she doesn’t like green peppers as much and blueberries are her favorite! I kept on running out of ideas on what to give her but this just helped so much. I appreciate it :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I haven't found a single fruit that my Redfoot wont eat.
So you can change the menu to whatever is available all year.
Redfoot can eat a diet that consists of 60% fruit.
So don't worry about how often.

kayleedobbins

Clearwater
Hello!
I have two redfoots and mine eat just about anything! I agree though, I only buy organic for them because I worry about sprays that are harmful!
Plum's favorites include: Starwberrys and pepper's
Peach's favorites include: Banana and tomato
I always try and mix it up for them though :)