Frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Here's one of my Frogs; they’re just little tree frogs. I have a lot of them all over in my yard. My sister in-law gets lots of tadpoles in the top of her pool and she would just siphon them out on the ground and let the birds eat them when I found out I had to go save them, so I siphoned them into buckets and brought them home. Besides being adorable I love to hear them chirp.
I love your Bull Frog J.D. he would probably eat my frogs. :)

1251jd5.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is one pretty frog and I love the way you took the picture in the pink flower, very creative. ;)

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thanks, he lived in that flower most of last summer. They get in my hanging flowers on the porch and pop up when I water. They can live to about 14 years if they don't get eaten. I love having them around.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You mean they live in normal flower pots? How weird. I didn't know that. How big are they? What usually eats them birds or something else? What do they eat to stay alive? Do they jump out of the flower pots and walk around or not?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have those too. They're very small and the usually cliimb into the hole at the bottom of the plant pot. I love the loud croak they make. Doesn't sound like a frog at all. However, all of mine are brown. I've never seen the bright green phase. That's beautiful!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
They climb into the flowerpots on their own and leave when they want. They eat bugs that fly around the flowers. We will see them climbing up the glass on the windows or the sliding glass door at night to get the bugs flying around the porch light. They love that its feast time! If you watch them for awhile you will see the tongue come out and snag up a bug. Birds and snakes will eat them, if I see a snake in my yard I catch it and relocate it because I don't want them eating my frogs. The frogs are little they only get like an inch and a half as an adult. I had a bunch of little ones last summer that were only about 1/2 inch. I want to make them a little pool and see if they will lay eggs in it.
Yvonne I see brown one's two sometimes, but mostly the green ones.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
TortieGal said:
Besides being adorable I love to hear them chirp.
I love your Bull Frog J.D. he would probably eat my frogs. :)

Yup TortieGal .... I have um here too! ... they are neat to see scramble out in the garden ..

frog5.jpg

And of course **** GRETTA~
She was raised from a Tadpole ... and lives in the pond, has free will of the garden...and yard with the torts.
gretta-08-1.jpg
gretta-4.jpg

**** And MY FAVO PIC OF ALL ..... and back page " saying on my webpage" ....

"LIKE THE TURTLE AND THE FROG ....Together Forever"
frognturt2.jpg
frognturt3.jpg
JUST WAY TO COOL HUH? ... " what a shot" !
JD~;)

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Very Cool! That's exactly what I want to build, a cool little pond for the frogs and a turtle would be great to. I Love it! Thanks for sharing.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have the same frogs in my pond. They lay so many eggs in the Spring, but my Koi eat most of them. When they become tadpoles, my turtles would eat them. The one's that are able to hide and grow are all over the yard, and even go in my outdoor enclosue for my Cherry Head. Sometimes they are so loud at night that I have to close my window. I have loads of pictures too.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Tortie-gal, what type of frog is that in pink flower?
My husband said there were a bunch of them in his backyard growing up in South Torrance, CA, but as the city buried many of their marsh they disappeared...how sad.
Just wondering too where you are where these frogs still exist.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Mado, he is a tree frog and I live in Oregon. There pretty cool. I love having them around.
Andrew can you post a pic of your african clawed frog? My brothers name is Gary to. :)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I would move to Oregon if I didn't have a California desert tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.