Friendly tort in need of a loving home

Status
Not open for further replies.

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
Hello members of the tortoise forum, first off I want to say how great of a website this has been for me. Everybody on here has been very helpful and informing on how I can keep my tortoise healthy and happy, but I’m so sad to say that I am giving up my tortoise. His name is Mosey and he is a two-year-old Red footed tortoise. I got Mosey senior year in high school, and I didn’t know much about tortoises, but I loved them and wanted one, so I got Mosey. Looking back I realize that I made a mistake of committing myself too quickly and at too young of age, because now that I’m in college I know that I am not able to provide the space he needs to grow, and the time to give him the love and attention he deserves. I know this is the best thing for him even though it hurts to see him go. I would like to give mosey the best possible chance by giving him to a person I can trust that will take good care of him. That’s why I decided to post here instead of craigslist, but I am moving within a couple of months, and I need someone close to take him in. I am not willing to ship him, but I am willing to drive and meet half way (depending on how far). Mosey lives in a big 4x2’ wooden box with 3 heat lamps and a humid place for him to hide, and I would be happy to give all this up to ensure he has a decent place to sleep and proper heating. I’ve even made a video on how to properly care for a red foot tortoise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUQ2f44WPY

Although this video only cover the basics of taking care of a tortoise I know from experience that there is a lot more work involved with keeping them healthy. So I will only entertain serious inquiries from people whom are knowledgeable about tortoise care, and able to provide a healthy space for Mosey. Mosey is a friendly tort, he’s very social and he deserves a good home. I’m located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I would be more than happy to send pictures of mosey to those who are interested.
Please contact me here, or at my e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Beautiful tortoise.
Hopefully someone on this forum lives by you.
Your video is great!

MrCB

5 Year Member
Mosey is a gorgeous tortoise. I wish I lived closer to you! Sadly, I live in Florida.

MrCB

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
MrCB said:
Sadly, I live in Florida.

Sadly?! Florida is THE BEST state to have tortoise's! It's warm AND humid! Be happy! :D ;) :p

It is good in that regard lol. That's for sure. I was saying it is sad for this situation, because I'd want to give this tortoise a good home.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
MrCB said:
It is good in that regard lol. That's for sure. I was saying it is sad for this situation, because I'd want to give this tortoise a good home.

I think the next best state's are California and Arizona and I'm in Cali :D

Status
Not open for further replies.