Free Sulcata to a good home

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
Living in the North East, weather is too cold in the winter for him to be outside, and our basement is becoming too small to accommodate him in the winter. I am looking for a home further south: SC, FL, etc. with an experienced owner. I would like to rehome him in the spring, around April.

Currently he is about 80lbs, and about15 inches in length. I can send pictures on request.

Send pics of your setup, and list your experience with reptiles.

Thanks for reading.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You might want to check your scale I don't think a 15 inch tortoise can weigh 80 lbs. Best of luck finding a new home.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Living in the North East, weather is too cold in the winter for him to be outside, and our basement is becoming too small to accommodate him in the winter. I am looking for a home further south: SC, FL, etc. with an experienced owner. I would like to rehome him in the spring, around April.

Currently he is about 80lbs, and about15 inches in length. I can send pictures on request.

Thanks for reading.

Awwww!! I’m so sorry that your still looking.. he’s such a beautiful boy!

KAGDR

North Central Florida
Im looking for one,I am in Florida,I am currently building a pen for a sulcata that I am hoping to get from a rescue. Trying to make the pen very large. The catch is I have never had a tortoise. I have found some of the gopher tortoise on my property but they are wild and not mine .I've been doing research,buying seed and planting it for forage. If you cant find an experienced home ,please consider me

vcarol222

Ocala, Florida
I would love to take. I currently have 2 Russian tortoises and a yearling sulcata. The yearling is currently housed indoors, but when weather permits all tortoises are housed outdoors. My Russians each have their own 8ft by 16ft enclosure. The 2nd side hasn't been planted yet, have plants, but it's been too cold to plant. The Sulcata will be housed on 1ac side of house that has access to a heated shed ( I havent installed doggy door yet) fenced no see thru fencing. And when weather permits will also have access to lake. I'm on 3 acres located near Ocala National forest and the Ocklawaha river.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Im looking for one,I am in Florida,I am currently building a pen for a sulcata that I am hoping to get from a rescue. Trying to make the pen very large. The catch is I have never had a tortoise. I have found some of the gopher tortoise on my property but they are wild and not mine .I've been doing research,buying seed and planting it for forage. If you cant find an experienced home ,please consider me
You do know 2 can not live peacefully together. Too even attempt it with sulcatas you need a very big like and acre and lots of sight barriers and then they still may need to be separated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Adult sulcatas can go out into the snow and certain cold temps as long as they have the choice to go back into a warm heated insulated shed. A lot of them live where there is snow and cold. They go out for a short time and go back in. Is it the perfect world for them, no. But unless they are living in the wild in their native area, then none of them have it perfect. Just a thought if you want too keep him or end up having too.
Also beware of any new member that joins just to respond to a free tortoise post. They usually are tortoise flippers.

vcarol222

Ocala, Florida
You do know 2 can not live peacefully together. Too even attempt it with sulcatas you need a very big like and acre and lots of sight barriers and then they still may need to be separated.
And yes, I know about separate enclosures.. the plan is get 3 total. My "fenced in yard" is 3 acres... it is divided into 4 different fenced areas with lots of small hills and garden areas. I also have another 8 acres that is not fenced in as well as owning the 2 surrounding homes and the empty plot of 1 acre across from us. I didnt know how much I was gonna fall in love with tortoises... the plan is to eventually get some star tortoises. Then my tortoise creep will be complete. I have 2 Russians, I want 3 sulcatas eventually and 2 stars eventually.
And of course I will try to help any other tortie in between.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And yes, I know about separate enclosures.. the plan is get 3 total. My "fenced in yard" is 3 acres... it is divided into 4 different fenced areas with lots of small hills and garden areas. I also have another 8 acres that is not fenced in as well as owning the 2 surrounding homes and the empty plot of 1 acre across from us. I didnt know how much I was gonna fall in love with tortoises... the plan is to eventually get some star tortoises. Then my tortoise creep will be complete. I have 2 Russians, I want 3 sulcatas eventually and 2 stars eventually.
And of course I will try to help any other tortie in between.
You are well prepared with the land. That's great. Good luck on building your tortoise zoo. Yes they are addictive. Just like potato chips, you can't have just one. Many of us have been there. Me included. Wanted one, now have several. It's a great addiction to have though lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's too bad you have to find a new home for Livingstone. I know how much he means to you.

Wileynerio

Fort Worth Texas

Thanks for reading.
I am graduating vet school in a few months and I’ve been looking to adopt a big baby ! I live in Fort Worth Texas it’s warm here I have a large yard with a pond I put in last year I am waiting to make a borrow for a tortoise cause I would want them to pick it’s spot I would like to see pics of the baby and I’ll send you pics of my set up I have but as a vet he will be well taken care of !

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

Thanks for reading.
NOOOO! I wish I could take him...but I'm working strictly with Sudans now...and anacondas! Is it safe to presume you meant 25 inches? MONSTRO! is 26 and 96 pounds. I wish you luck with your endeavors!

Cassidy Fishman

5 Year Member
Hello. Is your Sulcata still looking for a loving, forever home?
If so, I would absolutely LOVE to speak more about him with you! I currently live in South Carolina and have worked with a wide assortment of Turts and Torts for most of my life. We have a wonderful set up for them, with both indoor and outdoor areas and I would absolutely LOVE to add him to our little menagerie!
If it sounds like we might be able to give him an awesome home, please feel free to give me a call, text or email and I would really, REALLY love to speak further with you!
My torts and turts are my whole world and it really would just make my day if I could add another wonderful boy to the family!
Thanks for your time and consideration and Good luck in your search!
My number is (864) 247-1873 and my email is [email protected]!
Can't wait to hear from you soon!

EllyMae

Shellman, GA

Thanks for reading.
Hi. I am looking to adopt a Sulcata. I live in Shellman, GA. I am currently building a 2000square foot enclosure. A heated insulated hide is also being built.
I have never owned a tortoise before, but have done lots of research. The only reptile I own is a ball python.

Angelorwolf79

fl

Thanks for reading.
Hi there I am in fl and have expierience also 10 acres of property and a small farm.would love to have 1