Free Russian Tortoise up for adoption to a good home....

jennconn12m

Location (City and/or State)
Millstone Twp
Free to a good home; a healthy, 3-year old female Russian Tortoise. Her name is Noodles and she is very sweet and friendly. My daughter no longer has any interest in her so I would like to find her a good home. We have her in a wooden tortoise house, which you are more then welcome to have, although the bottom is a little warped from some water. You are more then welcome to take all the supplies that we have, feeding dishes, heating and UV lamps, humidifier, timers, and extra food and/or bedding. Everything is free to a good home. We live in Central Jersey. Please email if you are interested.

Thank you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be careful of newbies who join only to answer free tortoise posts. They only want to sell your tortoise to make themselves money.
Also people would want to know if you will ship the tortoise only at receivers cost and post a picture of the tort.

jennconn12m

Millstone Twp
Be careful of newbies who join only to answer free tortoise posts. They only want to sell your tortoise to make themselves money.
Also people would want to know if you will ship the tortoise only at receivers cost and post a picture of the tort.
Thank you so much for that. I am hoping to find someone somewhat local and make sure it is truly going to a good home. I very much appreciate your insight.

jennconn12m

Millstone Twp
To be honest I am not 100% positive, I am pretty sure she is a she. I have added links to photos here so that you can see one way of the other. Please let me know if you need any other pictures or have any other questions.
IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
To be honest I am not 100% positive, I am pretty sure she is a she. I have added links to photos here so that you can see one way of the other. Please let me know if you need any other pictures or have any other questions.
IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg
She is indeed a she in my opinion.

jennconn12m

Millstone Twp
If you’re sure she’s a she, I’d love to have her come and live with me.

Jamie
Would love to discuss further on you taking her. Not entirely sure how to do that. But it looks like you have a good reputation and she would be going to a good home which is what will help my daughter deal with Noodles leaving our family.

Phreeflow

CA
I’m new to this forum and I’ll admit it’s intimidating being here. Actually feels like the first day in a new high school where people run in cliques and stare down the new person.

Although I’d much rather adopt a dog than buy a puppy, I don’t dare respond to any of these tortoise adoption ads for fear being associated with those dangerous newbies

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I’m new to this forum and I’ll admit it’s intimidating being here. Actually feels like the first day in a new high school where people run in cliques and stare down the new person.

Although I’d much rather adopt a dog than buy a puppy, I don’t dare respond to any of these tortoise adoption ads for fear being associated with those dangerous newbies
If you have good intentions on adopting and not selling, the person adopting out the tort will hopefully be able to ask the right questions and require proof of the area the tort will live.
If a newbie wants to adopt a free tort, they should have already posted on the forum to get questions they may have answered. Like I said already. Been here a long time. Newbies asking for a free tort never seems to stick around and participate in the forum or ask any questions.
If one feels guilty, then maybe they are.
Not going to stop warning because a newbie has a problem with it!
If you participated in the forum, you would find out it's very friendly and full of free accurate advice. Many, many, members go above and beyond. Not only in their posts but a lot of members help others in PM's too.

Phreeflow

CA
If one feels guilty, then maybe they are.
Not going to stop warning because a newbie has a problem with it!
I have been following the forum and have received amazing help from other members who were more than gracious with their time and information. It seems to be an amazing community and a rich source of accurate info.

I’m simply offering constructive criticism of how you are making new members feel.
I’m sure it’s all with good intentions but even your response above is aggressive and accusatory…and sarcastic.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have been following the forum and have received amazing help from other members who were more than gracious with their time and information. It seems to be an amazing community and a rich source of accurate info.

I’m simply offering constructive criticism of how you are making new members feel.
I’m sure it’s all with good intentions but even your response above is aggressive and accusatory…and sarcastic.
I have heard it before. Nothing new, in fact getting old. I also don't understand someone so new thinks they should tell a long time member they should change! I'm not the only one handing out warnings. If you are not one of those that doesn't just want a freebie to make money off of then my warning posts shouldn't even bother you.
I said my piece yet again. I'm done explaining, as I really don't need to.
Stick around, post, learn, and if you want a tortoise, hopefully you will find one.
Good luck.

Phreeflow

CA
Maybe you heard it all before but I was sharing for the first time as a new member. It’s falling on deaf ears so I agree, it doesn’t matter. Anyways, I’ve already had a wanted post up for a couple weeks now where I’m hoping to buy some Hermann’s. I never once asked for anything free except some info

Thanks

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
Maybe you heard it all before but I was sharing for the first time as a new member. It’s falling on deaf ears so I agree, it doesn’t matter. Anyways, I’ve already had a wanted post up for a couple weeks now where I’m hoping to buy some Hermann’s. I never once asked for anything free except some info

Thanks
I keep and breed Hermann’s and Russians. If you’re serious about getting into the hobby and have done research and some prep work, I’m willing to work with you on getting some. Show me what you’ve learned and what you have started for enclosures, and can help you out.
Please pm me and we can discuss things.
Matthew

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK

Sadly we have history of get for nothing and sell on and then they disappear off the member list. There are many long term members that have gained a reputation and commitment so that is why there is a warning message. No need to take it personally. This is a friendly forum and if your interested in tortoise welfare and general tortoise chat is a great place to be and participate.

Phreeflow

CA
Sadly we have history of get for nothing and sell on and then they disappear off the member list. There are many long term members that have gained a reputation and commitment so that is why there is a warning message. No need to take it personally. This is a friendly forum and if your interested in tortoise welfare and general tortoise chat is a great place to be and participate.
Appreciate your comment and I totally understand your concerns.

I never asked for free torts from anyone so it’s not personal at all. Just simply making a passing comment sharing what it’s like to be a new member…just here in the adoption section where newbies are guilty by default until proven innocent. It’s friendly everywhere else and I’m really enjoying it.

Anyways, apologies to the OP as this isn’t that big a deal and wasn’t meant to derail the thread. Onward and upwards…

Phreeflow

CA
I keep and breed Hermann’s and Russians. If you’re serious about getting into the hobby and have done research and some prep work, I’m willing to work with you on getting some. Show me what you’ve learned and what you have started for enclosures, and can help you out.
Please pm me and we can discuss things.
Matthew