Free Russian tortoise. Northern California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikster

5 Year Member
HI there. A while ago I posted asking the sex and type of two tortoises that were at my daughters pre-school. They were not being taken care of properly.

Well, I ended up taking care of one of them over the summer (her name is Heidi) and now the school has been closed and no-one wants to know which is probably a good thing as the poor little thing was just fed on apples every day with the occasional piece of cucumber and carrots. Not the best diet I found out. I have been feeding her organic lettuces', kale, dandelions, hibiscus flowers etc. I also have Mazuri food for her but I don't give it that often. She wanders around my house all day because she is an escape artist and has escaped too many times for me to let her outside. I let her wander around the house because all they gave me to keep her in was a glass fish tank maybe 3 foot long.

I really do not want her. I just took her because I can't bear to see animals not being taken care of properly. She deserves a great home to make up for her poor care before. So, I would love to find her a new home. One where she will be given the best care, have lots of room and perhaps some friends. A home with someone who is very experienced with tortoises.

Heidi is a Russian tortoise and she is female, so I was told on this forum. She is approximately 6 inches long, shell only. I really do not want to ship so I would prefer someone in the Northern California area to come get her. I am in the Bay area. I will also give you the Mazuri food which I have quite a lot of stored in my freezer. I will only give her to known members of this forum so I can be sure she is going to the right place. Hope you can help.

I will text pics to anyone who gives me their number.

Angelita

5 Year Member
Interested. I also replied via email. I too live in the Bay Area.

Vikster said:
HI there. A while ago I posted asking the sex and type of two tortoises that were at my daughters pre-school. They were not being taken care of properly.

Well, I ended up taking care of one of them over the summer (her name is Heidi) and now the school has been closed and no-one wants to know which is probably a good thing as the poor little thing was just fed on apples every day with the occasional piece of cucumber and carrots. Not the best diet I found out. I have been feeding her organic lettuces', kale, dandelions, hibiscus flowers etc. I also have Mazuri food for her but I don't give it that often. She wanders around my house all day because she is an escape artist and has escaped too many times for me to let her outside. I let her wander around the house because all they gave me to keep her in was a glass fish tank maybe 3 foot long.

I really do not want her. I just took her because I can't bear to see animals not being taken care of properly. She deserves a great home to make up for her poor care before. So, I would love to find her a new home. One where she will be given the best care, have lots of room and perhaps some friends. A home with someone who is very experienced with tortoises.

Heidi is a Russian tortoise and she is female, so I was told on this forum. She is approximately 6 inches long, shell only. I really do not want to ship so I would prefer someone in the Northern California area to come get her. I am in the Bay area. I will also give you the Mazuri food which I have quite a lot of stored in my freezer. I will only give her to known members of this forum so I can be sure she is going to the right place. Hope you can help.

I will text pics to anyone who gives me their number.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Angelita:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself? Your chances are better at adopting a tortoise here if we know a bit about you and your experience.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Man, all these sad tort stories about poor care depress me. I wish people would research the animals they get! Grrrrr........ :(

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Thank goodness the school is closing! That was her only hope to be saved! Thanks for taking her in temporarily. I'd come get her, but I'm on the east coast. She may be running around because she can :) excited to be free and after years of a small home and tons of kids all around her she needs a relaxing get away!! :)

Vikster

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for your interest. I am really not sure how to ship a tortoise so it would have to be local unless you can tell me how to ship and you pay for the cost. As long as the tortoise will be safe I am open to doing it. Thanks again.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
I'd be interested. But, I live in New York... I wouldn't feel right shipping the little gal all across the country. Someone in the Bay Area, please this Russian needs a home.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Crap. Northern Cali is just a wee bit too far of a drive from Utah to justify it. Lol. Good luck finding a good home! :)

Vikster

5 Year Member
Hi folks. Sorry I have been so lax in keeping you updated. I still have the tortoise but she should be on her way to a great home soon. If it falls through I will let you know. I really did not want to ship her so I am giving here to someone who can pick her up from me as well as give her a great home. Just waiting on the date he can pick her up! Thank you for all your kind offers and help!
Vicki

Pepiiii T xx

5 Year Member
That's great!! I wish her the best! It's good for you to give the tort the best xx

Status
Not open for further replies.