Free Roaming Frog?

TortoiseRacket

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hey everyone...

I just bought a new plant a couple of days ago, and now I woke up to a tree frog croaking on my wall! I’m guessing he’s a hitchhiker from the Florida keys. But here’s my question- is it OK to let a Cuban tree frog roam free in your room and let it eat the native population of bugs in the house? Thanks.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hey everyone...

I just bought a new plant a couple of days ago, and now I woke up to a tree frog croaking on my wall! I’m guessing he’s a hitchhiker from the Florida keys. But here’s my question- is it OK to let a Cuban tree frog roam free in your room and let it eat the native population of bugs in the house? Thanks.

You can, but it won’t survive very long, nature gives them what they need, your house won’t...maybe it could work in a proper enclosure, im not sure how wild tree frogs do in captivity tho...

TortoiseRacket

New York
Good point...I worded it wrong. I meant if I payed plants out and stuff where he could hide, would he be fine if he ventured out.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good point...I worded it wrong. I meant if I payed plants out and stuff where he could hide, would he be fine if he ventured out.

Most homes are far too dry for frogs to survive. They need pretty high humidity. He's likely to die pretty quickly unless you can put him outside.

Reptilony

QC, CAN

Like moozilion said you house can’t be humid enough for a frog, it’s skin will dry out for sure...The only way would be to buy a real habitat for frogs that can hold humidity. If you really want to keep that frog that’s the only way id’see it work.