Free Culverts

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I am in Denham Springs, LA and have some culverts our sulcatas are too big to use anymore. They would be great for redfoots or similar size tortoises. I attached examples of what we do with them. We still need to fill them with dirt. It is a great escape from the heat. Our big guy uses his all the time. Let me know if you want to come get them.

D1A89F1E-76BD-4FD4-A973-D0B8F1FD8F9D.jpeg84639239-0ACA-472C-8103-3D69B9F1D8EF.jpegF9C16D61-71AA-45F7-A185-390EDB888441.jpeg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I sure wish you were closer to me! Or me closer to you! Either way works...
I haven't seen much of you lately. Have you been hiding out in the CDR? :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Great use of them! I cut them about 18" long and then in half lengthwise and bury them in the ground to make artificial caves for my tortoises. There are one or two of them in all of my outdoor enclosures. The tortoises love to retreat to them on hot, sunny days and cool nights.Dalmatian sunning-1.JPG

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I sure wish you were closer to me! Or me closer to you! Either way works...
I haven't seen much of you lately. Have you been hiding out in the CDR? :)
We are doing great. I haven't been on in a while because getting our farm started has been extremely time consuming and exhausting. I hope to have extra time now. We just enlarged the tort yards after being here a year. We have chickens, ducks, a goose, and are putting up goat fencing. It is so tiring but we love it! My husband jokes that he goes to work to get a break from working. Wish we had started all this in our 20s.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
We are doing great. I haven't been on in a while because getting our farm started has been extremely time consuming and exhausting. I hope to have extra time now. We just enlarged the tort yards after being here a year. We have chickens, ducks, a goose, and are putting up goat fencing. It is so tiring but we love it! My husband jokes that he goes to work to get a break from working. Wish we had started all this in our 20s.
I'm delighted to hear your farm is going well. And a menagerie too!