Free Blind sulcata to expierienced person

Status
Not open for further replies.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
How is he doing? I want to get a bigger container and fill it with orchid bark and get a bigger hide and have it all setup for him when he comes. I also have to go and get a 100 watt light bulb.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, do we know for sure that this lil guy is blind? Or, is there a chance that he'll be able to see again?

mayday29150

5 Year Member
I think from what I read on the tread this guy can see just was a little sick.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
mayday29150 said:
I think from what I read on the tread this guy can see just was a little sick.

Yes he wasn't blind after all Candy suspects that he probably has a bad eye infection and a RI

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes he is doing much better now although I'm still having a small issue with his right eye. I've been putting the medicine on it everyday and it is clearing up. He can definitely see because I take him out and put him on my bed and talk with him and he now stays out of his shell to watch me. :D He is so cute. Anyway he is eating pretty well now and soaking everyday and even peed in his water. :) He should be ready to go back to Joseph soon. I am using what Yvonne suggested on another sick Sulcata's thread, a 125 Watt Solar Glo from Exo Terra during the daytime and at night I have a 150 watt heat emitter on him and that seems to keep him warm. I'm spraying his enclosure during the day too. I do think making a bigger enclosure would be a good idea Joseph because he's walking all over the place now and climbing up on his hide too. :D Joseph, I will pm you soon.

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Candy said:
tor-tise said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
awww good job Candy! Joseph whats the little guys name?

Little Foot

I thought his name was Clifford? :( Did you like the pictures?

It was but i thought about it and he reminded me of little foot from land before time!:) I like the pics cant wait until he comes home. What wattage bulb should i get for him?

Littlefoot.jpg

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Man! I thought I was being creative when I named mine Little Foot and Spike!! Dang it!

Candy, you truly are amazing!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you Kim, that's too nice of you. Joseph I wrote in the post above that I use 125 Watt Solar Glo by Exo Terra and a 150 Watt heat emitter. It depends though on the size enclosure that you are planning on getting. This works o.k. for the enclosure he has now but you might want to get a higher wattage if you're going to get him a bigger enclosure.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well Joseph's little tortoise is going back to him next weekend. :) He is eating like a little pig and running all over the place. :D Today it was near 80 here in Alhambra so we went outside to see the sun for a while so I had an opportunity to get some photos of Little Foot so you all can see how cute he is. I'm going to miss him when he goes home. ;) Here's a few shots.

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Amazing recovery! Great job, Candy! Way to go, Joseph, for seeing you needed help, asking for it and accepting it!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Aw, that tortoise sure is a cutie. That was a very nice thing for you to do! Hope he continues to stay healthy after his return home!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think we can now officially call you a hero Candy. You have done an amazing job with that baby. If any of mine get sick, you can look for a box in the mail.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.