FREE bearded dragon in San Antonio, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Read carefully...

I was searching the local CL ads last night and came across an ad for a free bearded dragon that was ill. I inquired and ended up going and picking it up.

It is in very bad shape. Can't walk, can't eat, just terrible. It does have a terrific feeding response but cannot physically catch the food. I do feel badly for this animal but it is beyond my level of expertise.

Oh and i'm assuming it's some type of MBD, very bad bone development, protruded hips, lower jaw undeveloped, tongue hangs out of mouth slightly, no use of back legs, little use of front legs.

If someone is capable of caring for it then I urge you to contact me via PM and let me know. I'll gladly deliver within a reasonable distance.

I will continue to try and feed by hand and so forth but with my work schedule i'm afraid I don't have the time necessary to rehab an animal in this condition. If no body is able to take it and the condition does not get any better i'm gonna have to have the animal euthanized.

PM if you are interested

Again, this is not a perfect animal, it is in need of serious rehab.

Shipping might be an option at your expense but I am unsure as to whether or not it would make it. It is alert and aware of it's surroundings, just not sure a trip would be the best thing for it. It's not out of the question though. I have boxes and experience in shipping so if you would like to try it, i'm game.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
jtrux said:
Read carefully...

I was searching the local CL ads last night and came across an ad for a free bearded dragon that was ill. I inquired and ended up going and picking it up.

It is in very bad shape. Can't walk, can't eat, just terrible. It does have a terrific feeding response but cannot physically catch the food. I do feel badly for this animal but it is beyond my level of expertise.

Oh and i'm assuming it's some type of MBD, very bad bone development, protruded hips, lower jaw undeveloped, tongue hangs out of mouth slightly, no use of back legs, little use of front legs.

If someone is capable of caring for it then I urge you to contact me via PM and let me know. I'll gladly deliver within a reasonable distance.

I will continue to try and feed by hand and so forth but with my work schedule i'm afraid I don't have the time necessary to rehab an animal in this condition. If no body is able to take it and the condition does not get any better i'm gonna have to have the animal euthanized.

PM if you are interested

Again, this is not a perfect animal, it is in need of serious rehab.

Shipping might be an option at your expense but I am unsure as to whether or not it would make it. It is alert and aware of it's surroundings, just not sure a trip would be the best thing for it. It's not out of the question though. I have boxes and experience in shipping so if you would like to try it, i'm game.

A generous member has agreed to take her, please remove this posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.