Frankie Tortoise Tails: Going Home

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mobile, Alabama
So many things I could suggest so I'll just start with the 50 pound and less enclosures for Frankie: https://frankietortoisetails.blogspot.com/p/frankies-luxury-home-for-new-enclosure.html

Skim through his other stories for other enclosure and shelter suggestions. The cardinal rule is "Anticipate the next pound"

Yes, in Frankie's situation birds using his water was a risk although it took 19 years for the worse to happen. His water dishes were emptied and clean almost everyday

Thank you for responding to me. I am designing a 100x100 enclosure for him and among the plantings I was going to add a butterfly and bee enclosure and add bird baths and feeders. I will now keep the bird feeders out of his enclosure.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Leann, thank you for your thoughtful reply. I know you are grieving for him, but you were the best shellbaby parents ever. I am going to continue reading your blogs and encourage you to edit them into a childrens book. My daughter is a counselor in an at risk school and has loved the stories I have shared with her.
Again, thank you for sharing Frankie with so many people.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello, Frankie, how are you?
I am great! This place…this place is fantastic! Where is this?
This is where you’re meant to be. We’ve been waiting for you.
Am I dead?
Your body was no longer needed. Your spirit is forever free
Can I still have carrots and dandelions?
Of course!
And Mom, is she here?
Someday, just not today. Her spirit still has much to do. We’ll wait for her, too.
Am I here because I was finished?
Pets are special. Pet are animals who choose to help a human soul. The human path is never easy. Your human needed your help.
But now she is alone.
She is never alone.
I love her so much. Can I still help?
You can help. Visit her dreams. Whisper she is not alone. Be her comfort.
I will. I'll never leave her alone. I'll see her every night. Thank you for waiting for me. Thank you for waiting for her.
We’re glad you’re here. Now, if you haven’t noticed, there are dandelions to eat, lawn chairs to push and fences to topple. Go get ‘em, Frankie!
They will never know what hit them…..

Frankie died June 29, 2019 from Pneumonia or Lower Respiratory Infection. We fought for 80 days, did all we possibility could, took him to the best veterinarians, tried various drugs, gladly spent the money, and much more to help him recover.

We'll miss his antics and his determined personality so much.

Thank you all his friends who delighted in his stories.
So sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you.