Found Kitten!!! Please help

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
I found it close to my house, i tried looking for any Siblings but couldn’t find any. It doesn’t stop meowing until I pet it! It also follows me everywhere atm it’s crying outside my house, I gave it some water but don’t know it it can eat any solids. I hope it finds its family, or at least sticks around outside
I don’t know what to feed it!!!
Please if I can get advice

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
The kitten would probably appreciate some water, or even milk (cow's milk, maybe even watered down, if it isn't already). In a pinch, you could probably moisten some bread, and the little one can eat it if he/she had to. However, if you have to go to the store for anything, some cat food would be ideal. Wet food would probably be easier for the kitten, but you could moisten some kibble if you needed to.

for tonight, I'm just trying to think of what you might already have on hand.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Looks plenty old enough to eat. Got any meat handy??? And definitely put some water out for the baby... it’s so adorable.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
If you happen to have a dog, cats have been known to snack on dog food if they're hungry. Dog food is missing some key nutrients that cats need, but in the short term, it works fine (until you can get more appropriate food). Moisten any kibble so it's easier to eat (and the kitten gets more water that way, too).

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Kittens usually enjoy getting petted at that age. Especially if it's someone's lost pet, it might be looking for some reassurance, a warm lap, and someplace safe to stay for the night.