Found baby in pool

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
They do get big quickly. Personally I feel like there's no tank big enough for an adult. Eventually they need a pond. You can keep them in a tank or tote for about the first 2 years though. Make sure you provide plenty of room to swim, a place to get out of the water to bask, and UVB. Here's what I kept my in for about the first year.20180615_112611.jpg 20180615_112618.jpg

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Years ago some friends of mine took in an adult RES that had wandered into the neighborhood. They tried. They spent hundreds of $$ for a huge tank etc and kept her for a while, but apparently these things eat and poop a LOT and it is almost impossible to keep the tank clean.
They eventually gave it to a rescue group that put it in their pond. I hope she's not breeding.
Plus RES's tend to get systemic infections which cause their cheek to puff up with congealed pus or something. This happened and it was a real struggle to lance the swelling on such a powerful, wiggly turtle.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Well .. my husband said we need to go put Mike in the pond. Circle of life, you never know, he’s got just as good a chance as any of the many many other hatchlings in the ponds, actually this subdivision has about 14 pounds, so it’s going to closest one by house. Good luck little Mike! [emoji7]