Found baby bird

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
My dog brought in a baby that just hatched. Do I put him back in the nest I think he came from?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
So sorry:( i've had that happen few times. It's always said. I heard that at times the sickly/weak baby gets pushed out of the nest.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
if it happens again, Yes put him back in the nest if he'll stay. If not, call a wildlife rehabber nearest to you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My family was panicking around me and I'm a very calm person so I came here first.
I would have taken it to a wildlife rehab like we did for the duckling.
The poor little thing fell about 8' onto concrete and then my dog had it.
It was probably about a week old since little pin feathers came in on his wings.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate it when that happens. With the little naked babies you more or less expect them to die, but when a fully feathered-but can't fly yet baby falls to the ground, that one really bothers me. I have so many cats that birds on the ground don't stand a chance here. That's why I don't have bird feeders. I would hate to bring birds here to my cats' hunting grounds.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I hate it when that happens. With the little naked babies you more or less expect them to die, but when a fully feathered-but can't fly yet baby falls to the ground, that one really bothers me. I have so many cats that birds on the ground don't stand a chance here. That's why I don't have bird feeders. I would hate to bring birds here to my cats' hunting grounds.
I know! Don't you just love it when some people put all kinds of bird feeders out and have... outdoor cat!!! Ughhh!!!!