FOUND: Adult Redfoot Tortoise in Ajax, ON

dwright27

5 Year Member
I am posting this on behalf of an old coworker who is unfamiliar with torts. She found this tortoise in her backyard the other day, and it returned today. She has contacted Lil' RES Q to come and pick him/her up as she doesn't have the proper accommodations (and neither do I, sadly).

tort1.jpg tort2.jpg

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Hopefully they are able to find the owners. There have actually been a couple abandoned footed tortoises this summer in the GTA, but hopefully this beauty just escaped its outdoor enclosure and has people looking for it. Post up flyers in the neighbourhood and on CL (although make responders id species or provide a photo or something to confirm ownership).

What a lovely big beast. The lil RES Q does good work (although I hope they can track the owner down before she has to go up for adoption).

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well I'm a sucker for red foots so if she can't keep it or find It's home she can send it to Texas .

Arlenetorturtle

Well I'm a sucker for red foots so if she can't keep it or find It's home she can send it to Texas .
Mike, I'm in Texas looking for male red foot, do you know where I can get one from North Texas?? I would absolutely be in heaven if a red foot came walking up in my yard!! Someone must have lost him and are looking for their tortoise! Thanks for any advice, Arlene